SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is my info display so far off?

60 mph average speed does not equal 62 kph average speed?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

I know that I’m wondering why my display is so far off?

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Geographic location, model year, history of ownership, occurrence (since purchase or after), any significant factors will be helpful in associating context.

Easy answer is we probably won't know until you give us more information.

Please.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

It’s a 2007 xc90 3.2.

While driving it on the highway today I noticed the info lcd panel (bottom left of instrument cluster) was providing me with incorrect average speed.

There was an incorrect conversion between mph and kph.

I’m asking if anyone knows why it would do that.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Average over what time period? Mine has never been reset since I got the car and it says 32 mph no matter how fast I'm going. Four years ago it said 29. I guess the PO drove slower than I do. Or does this have nothing to do with your question?

How did you come up with those two numbers?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Yup. I drive 60 miles a day at 70+ mph and my average down in the 30s.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well not sure what it’s called but you can cycle through the messages on the LCD via the left control handle.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/manuals/ownersmanualinfo/year/2007/model/XC90 , page 62 in the Owners Manual has a description but I as well understand it to be calculated speed over time since reset.

I'm a mix of city/highway and my average is hardly ever above 35mph. It's the same in both my vehicles so I never even gave a thought. Reset avg speed next time you're on the freeway (can do any time, avg mpg as well), run the vehicle for a bit at a stable speed and check. Sure the number is not going to be exact, but if you find the conversion issue remains to a point where it's bothersome, take the vehicle into a dealer and ask for them to look at the scenario, there might be a software update since 2007. This a Canadian vehicle?

Other model years and vehicles, see the "Change to another Year and Model" drop-downs.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Well not sure what it’s called but you can cycle through the messages on the LCD via the left control handle.
Right, but when was the last time you reset it? If never, then the average is since the beginning of time. Drive 60 mph and hold the reset button until it resets, then see what it does.

Where did you come up with the two numbers, 60 mph and 62 kph?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts