SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sport mode delivers head snapping shifts and no mid-shift drops in boost. can also manual shift it if i need to hold gears.

all you manual and 5-speed auto bros are really missing out. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i also forgot to mention that 6 speed auto has the strengthened angle gear.

sport mode throttle response is just too sick.

truly the perfected R.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm sure we can set up a HUGE debate over what's what. I have the 6sp auto and am loving it since the day I drove it.

Above all, there are pros and cons to each, it just depends on how you like your R.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Take it to a track and you aint so cocky anymore, to you it sounds like a supercar? :facepalm:

Not even my mom drives an auto.. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure we can set up a HUGE debate over what's what. I have the 6sp auto and am loving it since the day I drove it.

Above all, there are pros and cons to each, it just depends on how you like your R.
quite the diplomatic response. but deep down we both know whats up, amirite? ;)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Take it to a track and you aint so cocky anymore, to you it sounds like a supercar? :facepalm:

Not even my mom drives an auto.. :D
I took my GT to track couple times.
I didn't expect much but it did impressed me.
I chose an automatic because if I wanted a manual I wouldn't buy a luxury 4 door sedan.
That just contradict the purpose of owing a luxury 4 door sedan IMO.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Until your Valve Body blows up :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have to agree I like the auto in this car. The "S" makes it even nicer. As a true car enthusiast nothing is more exhilarating than that third pedal. Especially tied to a high performance drive train. My old Fiat X19 handled like a go-cart (had a go-gart engine) blast to drive. Chevy Monza with a modified 305 and a five speed. I could spin that thing anywhere. 01 Audi A6 stage 3 tuning 400 hp 450 tq 6 spd. Big sleeper. Banging gears in an AWD is phenomenal. Enjoy the automatic but you can't dismiss a standard so casually!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Well said Scuba Jim, besides "to each his own"

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
(Sigh)!

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
love my 6sp AUTO...aaaaand to sooo many VOLVO 6speed manual drivers that it means so much to have a manual ,it really proves you really are a real race drivers by having a VOLVO manual..."hey what ever blows wind up your skirt". lololol :D:D:D

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Until your Valve Body blows up :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
until your slave grenades...see we can play that game too.

·
6,436 Posts
sport mode delivers head snapping shifts and no mid-shift drops in boost. can also manual shift it if i need to hold gears.

all you manual and 5-speed auto bros are really missing out. :thumbdown:
lol the most useless thread which is about to get locked

Everyone knows that manual transmission offer a better connection with the car. Who cares about head snapping shifts - it's all about figuring out that foot-leg-mind coordination - makes you a better driver. Anyone can just bush gas-brake-gas-brake-brake-gas-gas-gas-brake

·
Registered
327 Posts
Volvo is lacking in the latest DSG Auto gearbox, shifts as fast or faster than manual "And" offered by Volvo's rivials.

That said, in a world where Auto trans "Rules", I must comment that the uprated specs of the Volvo 6 Speed GTA in sports mode does its job surprisingly quite well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts