SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
agreed.

$3k YIKES!

s40R: i know what you mean about the low end increase. i confirmed that with my PCM scan when i compared the stock airflow vs. the FMIC airflow. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Re: (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
agreed.

$3k YIKES! :

I have to ask the obvious. In light of the $3,000 price installed and all the cutting and fitting, did you consider the new Bell? From what I understand it can be purchased and installed for around $2,000 and no cutting (currently on a V70 R and on the soon to be released for S60R). I see that this one is definately massive, but is the gain necessary if the car is under 400 HP. oclv

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Re: (ZuluKingCrowned)

Your opinion is worth what I'm paying you for it

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Re: (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
agreed.

$3k YIKES!

s40R: i know what you mean about the low end increase. i confirmed that with my PCM scan when i compared the stock airflow vs. the FMIC airflow. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

That's installed price, I'm guessing alot of the cost is from having the endtanks hand fabricated and the Swedish wage for that is spendy. If you like how the car can breathe now it's even better with the IPD/MTE stage 2
I think we all can agree the stock IC on these cars are Junk!

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Re: (oclv)

Quote, originally posted by oclv »

I have to ask the obvious. In light of the $3,000 price installed and all the cutting and fitting, did you consider the new Bell? From what I understand it can be purchased and installed for around $2,000 and no cutting (currently on a V70 R and on the soon to be released for S60R). I see that this one is definately massive, but is the gain necessary if the car is under 400 HP. oclv

oclv,
The Bell won't meet my future plans for this R. When I do the turbo swap along with some other upgrades the car will be pushing closer to 500HP. The MTE IC tanks will work fine for that

Re: (s40R)

Makes sense to me now. I think for the most part people are doing the DP, exhaust, reprogram route that will put them in the 360 to 375 HP range. You are obviously going way past that. Good luck. Keep us posted. oclv

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Re: (oclv)

Will do

Quote, originally posted by oclv »
Makes sense to me now. I think for the most part people are doing the DP, exhaust, reprogram route that will put them in the 360 to 375 HP range. You are obviously going way past that. Good luck. Keep us posted. oclv

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.