SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, well I have had my 2015.5 XC60 for roughly 6 months and nearly 10K miles. So far, still love it... I do have a few things that I wish were different:

1. Start/stop disabling (i know there is a recent thread about this)

2. I have the sense connect internet service... so when i start the car from the phone app.... you would think that when you come up to the car with key fob, it would do the proper authorization handoff to the key fob so that when you opened the door, it wouldn't kill the engine, just to have to restart it. A bit of a nuisance.

3. for some reason, this is the very first vehicle ever, i can't seem to park straight between the lines in the parking spaces...LOL.. for some reason my front end is always closer to the left line than my rear...

Other than that... no real complaints... good gas mileage... great interior design....lots of safety bells and whistles.... I soooooo wanna test out the city traffic, but a little scared too!

2015 XC60 T5 Platinum, Silver

·
Registered
8 Posts
Take it from me, City Traffic definitely works and will scare the heck out of everyone in your car, driver included. It engaged one time for me when I was trying to avoid slamming on brakes to keep from getting rear ended. Let's just say it's aggressive, lol.

I hate the start/stop "feature", and will be tearing apart the dash with a buddy that's an electrical engineer to see if there's an easy way to permanently disable it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
3. for some reason, this is the very first vehicle ever, i can't seem to park straight between the lines in the parking spaces...LOL.. for some reason my front end is always closer to the left line than my rear...

...I soooooo wanna test out the city traffic, but a little scared too!
I had the same parking problem when I first got my XC60. After 18 months, I'm better at keeping it equidistant between the parking spot lines but I still find it a very awkward vehicle to park.

I experienced City Safety a few years back in an S60 at a local auto show; Volvo had a demo set up which used an inflatable barrier. I was impressed then.

A few weeks ago, I was trying to make a left through a busy intersection under construction with a malfunctioning traffic light (ironically, I was turning into my local Volvo dealer). I was watching the construction man directing traffic instead of the car in front of me and City Safety caught me. I think I actually had my foot on the gas when it initially triggered but then hit the brakes when I felt the deceleration. I actually didn't even realize that City Safety had triggered until I parked at the Volvo dealer and looked down ad the instrument cluster to see the "Auto braking by City Safety" message.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I hate the start/stop "feature", and will be tearing apart the dash with a buddy that's an electrical engineer to see if there's an easy way to permanently disable it.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible a software change would disable that feature. I had a loaner with it and hated it also so it is a nonstarter as to buying a car with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hate the start/stop "feature", and will be tearing apart the dash with a buddy that's an electrical engineer to see if there's an easy way to permanently disable it.

Is it possible a software change would disable that feature. I had a loaner with it and hated it also so it is a nonstarter as to buying a car with it.
Just curious, what about it do you dislike so much? I'm still on the fence about it myself after owning an xc60 for 2 months. I tend to lean towards liking it but some days I can't decide what I think of it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts