SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great pics! Next year, we'll plan a route that doesn't involve quite as much driving. More social time and looking at the cars, than just sitting in traffic.
Sounds good. :thumbup: Maybe a pitstop that is a bit less rigorous to view as well, lol. My legs are still sore a few days after walking up Clingman's dome.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

Here's the full album if the image links aren't working: https://goo.gl/photos/HzKfpgZXWg8WPyLL8

Fontana called me Friday afternoon to inform me that there was a problem with the campsite. Turns out the "problem" was motorcycles with loud exhausts that may "disrupt my camping experience." So they put me in a cabin for the same rate of $20 a night! Considering that we had 5 people sleeping in that cabin Saturday night, I'd say we made the most of it.

400 miles earlier, these were still above the wear bars. Running on my Peg leg now!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Who's your blonde friend? -bw

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yall keep going to the Dragon, during DragonCon. I will never be able to go with yall. I really want to go, too, but DragonCon is only once a year, and is too awesome to miss. Anyway we can shoot for the week before or after labor day weekend, next year?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Maybe next year we can do the "1st Annual Volvos Slay The Dragon Con"?

·
Registered
388 Posts
yes. I would love that. LOL. but seriously. I want to drive the tail of the Dragon, one year. I may just have to skip a day or two of DragonCon. Did it rain a whole lot this year?

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
yes. I would love that. LOL. but seriously. I want to drive the tail of the Dragon, one year. I may just have to skip a day or two of DragonCon. Did it rain a whole lot this year?
I'm always down for a day trip. Maybe later this fall, once the tourist season is over, we can get a few cars together to go back.

It didn't rain at all while we were there. Ideal conditions for slaying dragons.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sounds like a plan that needs to be implemented. Now I wish I had gone earlier. But if we go now or in the next 2 months, we can see the lovely fall colors.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Sounds like a plan that needs to be implemented. Now I wish I had gone earlier. But if we go now or in the next 2 months, we can see the lovely fall colors.
The colors can be nice, but it is miserable to go to the dragon this time of year. Way too many motorcycles slowing down traffic, everywhere you go is busy with families on vacation to see the changing colors. It's pretty if you just want to see the sites (and can deal with the delays), but it's not fun if you're there to drive.

·
Registered
157 Posts
n00b in NC...

Hey everyone, it's great to be apart of Sweedspeed!!

Quick Bio on me:
- Subaru owner for the last 16 years and arranged numerous Dragon events for NASIOC South-east region
- Used to own a 2006 Subaru STi which morphed from a daily driver into a time attack / track car during my 6 years of ownership (car bio is an entirely different story)... Sold to fund a ring for my girlfriend of 6 years (now fiancée)...
- Finally purchased a bone stock, garage kept, 90k mile 2005 Volvo V70R (Silver / Nordcap) after searching for over 8 months, and am VERY happy with my purchase!!!
- Would love to be a casual forum member who occasionally comes to meets / events but mainly I'm here to meet other Volvo owners and learn more about these cars...

My day to day job I fly the CRJ-700/900next-gen for Delta Connection and United Express... Part time I fly with the North Carolina Army National Guard (AH-64D Longbow Apache's out of Raleigh, NC)... Unfortunately the life of a pilot means that I am RARELY off work on the weekends and that my personal free time isn't really "mine" (Friends, Family and Fiancée all trying to get a piece of me when I'm not working :-/)...

I am very interested in getting back up to the mountains - this time in a VOLVO!... When are youguys looking to do another meet up? Any winter events?

41 - 60 of 77 Posts