SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

261 - 280 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Mark Zuckerberg didn't think it would be good for content consumption so we left that out of the web 3.0 or whatever version we're at
Gotta keep everyone happy! lol

·
Registered
16,548 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Whelp, trans is junk. Car will be up for sale soon, likely for parts unless the right offer comes along.

Reactions: bmdubya1198

·
Registered
934 Posts
Oh no, I cant believe it died with only 80K. I know this cars been kicking you in the nuts since you bought it and sorry to hear the news. Throw it up on BAT "seller states transmission has problems" at that mileage you might still get 6K for it.
Seriously though, i hope it doesn't get parted out.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Oh no, I cant believe it died with only 80K. I know this cars been kicking you in the nuts since you bought it and sorry to hear the news. Throw it up on BAT "seller states transmission has problems" at that mileage you might still get 6K for it.
Seriously though, i hope it doesn't get parted out.
It’s a 2000, with a junk trans in a very boring color... not much worth saving.

I might just pull a Tonyc and let it fly off a cliff at this point.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
2000s are very much worth saving, someone would probably love to manual swap it!

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
M56 and delta link. Solve all the problems at the same time.

Reactions: bmdubya1198

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
For sure this is a bummer of an end result, and I can understand that feeling of not wanting to throw good money after bad. It’s one of those situations where you don’t want to know how much money was invested up to this point. 😢

·
Registered
738 Posts
Entirely too much money has been spent in order for me to have a vehicle that still does not run well. Everyone always says "manual swap it", like its an easy afternoon backyard mechanic job. Idk what you all do, but I am not an engineer or a mechanic, so unless someone else wants to tackle that chore, it is not going to happen.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Entirely too much money has been spent in order for me to have a vehicle that still does not run well. Everyone always says "manual swap it", like its an easy afternoon backyard mechanic job. Idk what you all do, but I am not an engineer or a mechanic, so unless someone else wants to tackle that chore, it is not going to happen.
I meaaaannn....

Just kidding lol. I totally get where you're coming from. Throw it up for sale for cheap and someone on here will likely be interested.

Last P80 manual swap I did was done in 2-3 days though. I'm getting better at it lol.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I meaaaannn....

Just kidding lol. I totally get where you're coming from. Throw it up for sale for cheap and someone on here will likely be interested.

Last P80 manual swap I did was done in 2-3 days though. I'm getting better at it lol.
So, if my math is right, it would take me about 2-3 months, hah!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Life has been crazy. After a few weeks of trying to sort things out with the shop, I was finally able to get the bill for the work done to the car: $1500 to have it in worse shape than I left it in. Supposedly the car doesn’t have 4th gear at all now. Before anyone chimes in and comments, I’m not placing any blame, just stating the facts. I had high hopes that things would have gone differently, but life goes on.

Currently trying to figure out how I get a non-driving car the 100 or so miles home so I can then try and sell a non-driving car to someone for probably close to the same amount I will have paid it get it out of the shop. Ironic, don’t you think?

I guess that’s my long way of saying the car is 100% up for grabs to whomever would like a project that needs to be trailered home. Haven’t posted anything on here or on Fb since I still don’t have it in my possession. For those who are social media savvy, I did let the cat out of the bag on Instagram, but who really sells cars via Instagram anyway? Not expecting much to come of it.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
GLWS! It really blows, but these things happen unfortunately. Hopefully someone will pick it up quickly so you don't have to deal with it any longer than you need to.

Reactions: 855RI

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
M56 solves all the problems

·
Registered
16,548 Posts
yep ^

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Reactions: JaredR and 855RI

·
Registered
738 Posts
M56 swap would be nice tbh. I'd have to ditch the driveshaft and some other parts... simplify and add lightness? That could possibly help fund some of the project. Then there'd be the actual swap, which would be more than I am comfortable doing myself. I'd need some help or need to lean heavily on some video chats haha.

Not surprisingly there has not been a lot of interest yet, of course I still need to get the car back too.

·
Registered
16,548 Posts
All the old VS threads make it look way worse than it actually is because people were swapping in stuff from P1s and AWD cars. If you're using all FWD P80 parts, it bolts up pretty politely.

261 - 280 of 300 Posts