SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY after days of anticipation (I bet you can tell I'm a wee bit excited) Volvo unveils its S60 Polestar and I will say that I am truly shocked at the power/performance figures. I cannot believe that Polestar squeezed out over 500 HP from the T6 engine!!! And a 0-60 time of 3.7 sec?! From an S60?! Read the full specs and see the pictures here: http://www.polestar.se/en-us/performance/volvo-s60-polestar/ And go share this around! Remember that Volvo said they'll make it IF it gets enough media and consumer interest!!!:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Take my money now !

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
This will be my next Volvo IF it is produced, otherwise I'm going German
So, what is the equivalent, in German brands, for under $75k?

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
So, what is the equivalent, in German brands, for under $75k?
There is no equivalent. The German already exists, albeit at a higher price. The Volvo doesn't (and won't) at any price. Therein lies the difference.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This will be my next Volvo IF it is produced, otherwise I'm going German
Well, way to be typically pessimistic... I mean, you know, not that it's a 508 HP Volvo or anything... Or you know, the fact that Volvo WILL produce these if it gets enough media/consumer interest unlike the C30 PCP which was never designed to be produced. What more could you ask for? It's got a MASSIVE amount of power and torque (WAY more than ANY of the German rivals such as M3/RS5/RS4/C63 AMG) and there's STILL complaints!?! It's even got a close ratio 6-speed manual and does 0-60 in 3.7 seconds!!! A VOLVO!!! Yet there's still skepticism? All Volvo needs is the push to make it and they will! The car was designed from the very beginning to be able to made in production. Spreading the word on this is all you need do to make a truly epic car reach production, the least you could do is try not to down the situation. And to any of you wondering "What if it turns out to be another C30 PCP?", here's the difference: Volvo themselves advertised it! With the C30 PCP Volvo barely acknowledged it's existence! They WANT consumers and loyalists to know about it and have been dropping hints for the last year! And if you know you are going to buy an M3 or RS5 or C63AMG why haven't you already? What's stopping you? Because IF you can drop 80K on one of those, why are you in a Volvo and not in one of those? Because if you can buy one later this year, then why not buy one of those competitors years ago? And if you ARE going to buy one of those cars, why on earth are you even on a Swedespeed forum? Why not go to one of those other competitor's forums?? To those who will stay with Volvo I ask you to make this car as big of a deal as possible! Tell Volvo every chance that you get that you want to buy that S60 Polestar NOW! Even if you can't you'll still be making it possible for the car to exist!

·
Registered
314 Posts
So rowdy

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If only I weren't a poor, college grad working two part-time jobs and were a rich, half-wit heir to a corporate empire...

·
Administrator
55,931 Posts
If nothing else, perhaps U.S. owners will be able to purchase some of the parts (brakes, wheels, suspension) for his or her 2013 Rebel Blue S60 T6 R-Design.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Realistic,

Widened arches
Manual gearbox
Altered suspension settings/bushings
Probably wider rims 8.5j-9j with a 255 tire.
Power between 350 and 400 hp

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would love to buy this from Volvo, it has what i want understated looks, raw power and a manual. That being said, if its not available i will have to look elsewhere most likely an XFR or S4/RS4.

I hope they build this beauty!!

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
There is no equivalent. The German already exists, albeit at a higher price. The Volvo doesn't (and won't) at any price. Therein lies the difference.
That was not the purpose of my question to the other member but thank you for stepping in...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Driving this car would be like living vicariously through myself.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts