SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While i changing my oil today like I normally do I totally f***** myself. I use an oil vacuum through the dipstick and it makes it really clean and fast to change my oil in the f****** piece of s*** vacuum probe broke off in the dipstick and got stuck in the oil pan. It works great for the last 2 years but I would never suggest buying 1 to anyone.........had to get it towed and was 5hrs of labor....big $$$$$ :thumbdown:

I called the oil vacuum company too....they sucked

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Why not change your oil like a normal person? That way when you drain it...you really drain it.

Sent from my iPhone
+1

Also around here there are places where you can rent a lift and garage space for $13 an hr you should look into a place like that locally (I live in a townhouse so I can't work on my car in front). Tools are extra but as always you can bring your own at no extra cost.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sorry to hear that how'd they remove the probe? By removing the oil pan?

Unfortunately on cars like these there is really no point for an oil vacuum, you have to get under the car to remove te filter and thats where most of the mess comes from.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Why not change your oil like a normal person? That way when you drain it...you really drain it.

Sent from my iPhone
+1

You know car ramps are like $100 and a cheap socket set at HF is probably $10.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While i changing my oil today like I normally do I totally f***** myself. I use an oil vacuum through the dipstick and it makes it really clean and fast to change my oil in the f****** piece of s*** vacuum probe broke off in the dipstick and got stuck in the oil pan. It works great for the last 2 years but I would never suggest buying 1 to anyone.........had to get it towed and was 5hrs of labor....big $$$$$ :thumbdown:

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
you already posted this....

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I'm willing to bet you could've just left it in there. I just partially rebuilt the motor on an 850 with another local member and he had piston parts in his oil pan for quite some time :)

Not saying it's recommended, but you probably could've driven it to the shop at a minimum.

lol. sux man.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts

get a magnetic oil drain plug and always change you engine oil by draining the oil from now on...cheese lazy shops do it by vacuuming out the "engine oil".

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
I'm willing to bet you could've just left it in there. I just partially rebuilt the motor on an 850 with another local member and he had piston parts in his oil pan for quite some time :)

Not saying it's recommended, but you probably could've driven it to the shop at a minimum.

lol. sux man.
this is true... nothing would have happened.

·
Registered
635 Posts
If I'm not mistaken you could have just pulled the dipstick tube and removed the broken piece that way. There are worse jobs lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
they have that grill over the hole for a reason, they don't want you sticking **** down in there besides oil.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Oil Vacs have there place like on a boat or jetski engine. There have been postings of the same thing happening there. It seems the tubes get brittle over time. Make sure you check your tube before sticking it in.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
actually, sucking out the oil through the top is the preferred method for a lot of very high end cars. It lets you get down to the very bottom of the oil pan as well. It's a fine method if you have good equipment.

·
Registered
635 Posts
they have that grill over the hole for a reason, they don't want you sticking **** down in there besides oil.
you dont put the suction tube into the filler hole, that would reach into the cams. You put the suction tube in the dipstick so it gets into the pan.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
if you have the car on ramps the pan is tilted so all the oil in the pan drains there anyways. I do that and let it sit 30 minutes so it all dribbles out. And sucking it out might be the right method for high end vehicles...our Rs are not 911s.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I tend to disagree with sucking it out as a preferred method. It's probably the easier method. No panels to remove, etc.
Sucking is not going to get anymore than letting it run out as the tube will only be pulling from the spot it touches in the pan. Sucking you can only hope you have it in the lowest point.

Granted sucking is the cleanest way, but you still have to remove the filter canister and we all know that's messy.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I tend to disagree with sucking it out as a preferred method. It's probably the easier method. No panels to remove, etc.
Sucking is not going to get anymore than letting it run out as the tube will only be pulling from the spot it touches in the pan. Sucking you can only hope you have it in the lowest point.

Granted sucking is the cleanest way, but you still have to remove the filter canister and we all know that's messy.
are we still talking about oil changes here? :D

·
Registered
463 Posts
Make sure you check your tube before sticking it in.
Can I get a BIG A-Men from the choir?....

Mind is in the gutter today!....:D:beer:

There's a reason why there is a drain plug on the bottom of the Oil Pan.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts