SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my Ice White XC60 T6 off on June 14 in Gothenburg and it arrived in Omaha on Saturday July 23 a total of 5 1/2 weeks. I am so excited! I returned from a week with the grandbabies to find the message on my home phone. We're picking it up tonight. Kudos to Volvo for a terrific car buying experience and a wonderful vacation. Sharon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Now you get to pick it up a second time!

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
I dropped my Ice White XC60 T6 off on June 14 in Gothenburg and it arrived in Omaha on Saturday July 23 a total of 5 1/2 weeks. I am so excited! I returned from a week with the grandbabies to find the message on my home phone. We're picking it up tonight. Kudos to Volvo for a terrific car buying experience and a wonderful vacation. Sharon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Sharon, where did you end up going?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Between our work schedule and the pick up date assigned by Volvo we did not end up driving the car (we needed to pick it up on a Monday and they could not deliver it until Thursday even though we ordered the car 4 months in advance) but we had a romantic vacation by train instead (it reminded us of backpacking around Europe in the 70s).

We flew into Copenhagen and spent a day and a half there then we took the ferry to Oslo did Norway in a Nutshell to Bergen. We spent a day in Bergen and returned to Oslo by night train in a fun sleeper compartment. We spent another day in Oslo and then took the train to Gothenburg to pick up and drop off the car. We spent the night in Gothenburg and then went to Stockholm by train. We spent 4 nights in Stockholm. The only thing we changed due to the car situation is we added Copenhagen at the beginning of the trip instead of in the middle (we intended to drive to Norway and explore then take the ferry to Copenhagen and drive back to Gothenburg before going on to Stockholm) and we bought a rail pass instead of tanks of gas!

We had a wonderful time! Norway was the highlight of the trip with great weather and amazing scenery with the ferry to Oslo and the Volvo tour close seconds. We practiced packing light in small rolling bags using packing cubes to make the short stays and train platforms easier to manage. I can't believe this all came about because I went to a car show on a snowy Sunday in January intending to scope out Infiniti, Acura and Lexus and came home with a flyer about a free trip to Scandinavia!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I can't believe this all came about because I went to a car show on a snowy Sunday in January intending to scope out Infiniti, Acura and Lexus and came home with a flyer about a free trip to Scandinavia!
Amazing how that happens...

Sounds like a great trip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts