SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I was driving along yesterday and I hit the 'Comfort' button after a little run onto a freeway in Advanced... and there was a snap noise and the 4C button cluster came loose on the left side. :(

I'm guessing whatever holds it to the inside of the dash broke or was dislodged.

My problem is though... how on earth do you get to that part of the dash without disassembling the whole thing? Does the part with the vents just pull out? How do I fix this?

Thanks!

EDIT: So, I disassembled as per the directions below (I also found some pictures somewhere on the internet, I cannot remember where right now... they weren't hard to google). I then popped the 4C button out, masked off the actual buttons, and carefully glued the button unit on with a small amount of epoxy. After giving it a little while to set, I then used a hot glue gun around the edges to make damn sure it wasn't coming off... put it back together and it's as good as new!

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Hey everyone,

I was driving along yesterday and I hit the 'Comfort' button after a little run onto a freeway in Advanced... and there was a snap noise and the 4C button cluster came loose on the left side. :(

I'm guessing whatever holds it to the inside of the dash broke or was dislodged.

My problem is though... how on earth do you get to that part of the dash without disassembling the whole thing? Does the part with the vents just pull out? How do I fix this?

Thanks!
Really the dash comes apart easy enough so even if you are unable to get the vents out you can rip it apart rather quickly with the bone tool! Either way Bone Tool is a must!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
My wife even likes to use my bone tool. :)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, I already have a bone tool (it's Martha Stewart branded, hahaha... guess who got it at the local crafts store...).

Do I just start prying at random stuff or is there a good guide for taking apart that section? lol :D

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Why don't you pm bprey I have seen vent pods he made for the center vents and it looked like a removable piece. To get the dash apart you have to start with the pen holder thing if it is an 04 then shift plate then the ccm etc. don't unplug the ccm tho I have heard it can cause a srs warning.

·
6,436 Posts
I think you got two clips at the top and two clips at the bottom. You sort of have to "unzip" them up since they have teeth on them.
And once it's out, the 4C buttons can be re-attached using superglue - the same thing happened to me in the past

1 - 9 of 9 Posts