SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - <p>I'm new to this forum and have had my R for about 2 months now. <p>I've learned to live with some noises I took as being normal quirks of the R, but after reading through some posts I'm wondering if I should bring these up to a dealer prior to warranty expiring. <p>- It seems when I turn the wheel all the way to the left I get a really nasty tire rub noise which I understand is common....but after reading some things I'm wondering if it might be a symptom of a failing steering rack? <p>-My tranny seems loud when shifting from gears 1-3, a bit of a metallic clunk going into these gears and mostly noticeable driving with the windows down at slow speeds....had assumed it was just a noisy and typical Volvo tranny. Is this something I should be concerned with? <p>-When accelerating lightly out of 1st and 2nd, with radio off and listening closely when I first touch the accelerator I get a bit of annoying creak from the front end. Seems to do it mostly when the car is cold or has been resting for a while. Typical suspension groans? Or something else?<p>Appreciate any feedback - I'm running out of time!! <p>Thanks! <p><br>

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Re: 49,000 miles and warranty is ticking - problems? (MinnesotaR)

Take it to Borton and tell them. <p>Both issues that you describe have been discussed previously. SS's search feature sucks but if you persevere and use Google Search (top right hand corner of the website), you should be able to find what you're looking for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts