SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just scheduled the 45K service for our XC90 today for 8/19 and since this should be our last routine service under warranty I wanted to prepare a specific checklist for the technician. I'd like to think that all the things on my list are checked without request, but I want to know for sure. If anyone has any other suggestions or corrective changes in my verbage please post and let me/us know.<p>1. Inspect angle gear vent for weepage<p>2. Inspect transmission fluid for color changes and/or metallic particles<p>3. Inspect turbocharger(s) plumbing and housings for oil leaks or water leaks and for oil blow back<p>4. Inspect Nirvomat shocks for leaks<p>5. Check wheels for play that would indicate worn wheel bearings<p>6. Inspect power steering lines for leakage<p>7. Inspect front suspension components

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 45K Service Checklist (dachshund2)

Had this service performed today. Cost $225 with my 7 qts. of synthetic. Got the cabin filters, tire rotation, fuel injector cleaner, and the standard $3.50 windshield washer solvent fill of 8 oz. Had a 2005 S60 as a service loaner. They said everything on my checklist was OK. The tech did say there was some weepage at the angle gear vent, but the amount was within acceptable limits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts