SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yesterday Volvo replaced my drivers seat back leather due to wear spots. At the same time I mentioned that I had some brake shudder starting during a hard braking instance.
Got it back today with all new pads and rotors on all four corners.
They also installed a transmission software update nd the shifting is much smoother too.
I'm very pleased with the service and support I've gotten from Dyer and Dyer.
I'm very pleased with the service I've gotten out of Freija, my Swedish girl, aka S60 ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hmm interesting...I will make sure that the dealer checks out my TCM when I take it in...I think I might be taking it in next week for something else, but that is just one more thing to add to the list ;) I was wondering if the '12 T6 models had any TCM updates at all (that actually made a difference at least)...when was the last time the dealer did anything to the cars software? I'm curious if I might already have the most up to date TCM :\

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm interesting...I will make sure that the dealer checks out my TCM when I take it in...I think I might be taking it in next week for something else, but that is just one more thing to add to the list ;) I was wondering if the '12 T6 models had any TCM updates at all (that actually made a difference at least)...when was the last time the dealer did anything to the cars software? I'm curious if I might already have the most up to date TCM :\
The last time they plugged her in for any reason was a cpl months ago for the sensual 3.0. I don't remember them ever listing any software updates otherwise. Purchased 6/7/11. I'll pull the ticket and give you any codes for the update shortly

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well this was a bummer.....on my way to my office this morning, Frieja lost one of her feet! Got a nasty warning for tire low pressure running at 95mph. Eased off the exit whcih was right by Discount Tires so I nursed it there. Found a 1/4-20 x 1 1/2" bolt stuck through my well well on the left rear. Yanked my 8/32" new Contin Pro Contact pff and found the hole along with the sidewall toasted :(
They of course had to order it so they threw a General Exclaim on there for the day until it gets here.

Question, will the 10/32" play well with the 8/32" other three? Holdex os more forgiving than the Viscous coupling but is it too much different?

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Well this was a bummer.....on my way to my office this morning, Frieja lost one of her feet! Got a nasty warning for tire low pressure running at 95mph. Eased off the exit whcih was right by Discount Tires so I nursed it there. Found a 1/4-20 x 1 1/2" bolt stuck through my well well on the left rear. Yanked my 8/32" new Contin Pro Contact pff and found the hole along with the sidewall toasted :(
They of course had to order it so they threw a General Exclaim on there for the day until it gets here.

Question, will the 10/32" play well with the 8/32" other three? Holdex os more forgiving than the Viscous coupling but is it too much different?
2/32" shouldn't be a problem. I'd say put the new one on the front so it wears down faster.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
2/32" shouldn't be a problem. I'd say put the new one on the front so it wears down faster.
I feel better! thank you/

On another note: I pulled the work order from my 41k repairs and they only gave me labor codes for the tranny updates. Said they had known codes in VIDA which dictated the update. Didnt pay but about 30 mintues total under two codes so it wasnt much of an update.

The tranny does seem to be smoother even though the trips have been very short. I would've heard and felt the problem by now though since I am very much attuned to my Freija's characteristics these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts