SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had some lowering springs fitted to my car and 4 new tires.<p>I have been recommended to have it tracked but some people are saying I need a full 4 wheel alignment.<p>A) Is it really necessary to have a 4 wheel alignment? Last time I had this the steering wheel was out of alignment!<p>B) What are the dangers of not having 4 wheel alignment i.e. if I just get it tracked.<p>

·
6,436 Posts
Re: 4 Wheel Alignment or Tracking? (Token)

When you lower the car, your camber decreases (becomes more negative) and your toe goes out. Your car will not feel as planted as before, and you'll have more wear on your tires. <p>Having said that, the last S40 I had, which was slammed on coilovers, was riding on -1 camber all around

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lots of garages just do a "tracking" after fitting new tires. I think they just align the front wheels with the rear, but they don't do anything to the rear wheels. They also don't look at camber/toe and other stuff I know nothing about.<p>4 Wheel Alignment costs more than double of "tracking" and you get a print out with some pretty pictures of your wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts