SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just took delivery of my new XC 90 today. Momentum Plus with Vision and Convenience Package. Only other option was Metallic Paint, and Wood Steering Wheel. No Heads Up Display option. However, I see 4 orange dots on the windshield that comes and goes. What is that for? I thought that may have something to do with the Driver Alert Control (DAC) but when I checked the manual, it didn't mention anything about orange dots. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Cruise Lover

·
Registered
372 Posts
This is standard on all XC90s without the HUD. This is used for a couple of things - it is used for distance alert to maintain your distance from a vehicle while driving (you can set this in the settings menu). It also shows up if you are going to collide with another vehicle as a warning signal.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I see 4 orange dots on the windshield that comes and goes. What is that for?
You are probably used to looking down the barrel of Yosemite Sam's guns on mud flaps that read "BACK OFF!"...

Same thing, Volvo style. I turned this off almost immediately after delivery FWIW.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I've been seeing this light a lot over my first few days of ownership!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are probably used to looking down the barrel of Yosemite Sam's guns on mud flaps that read "BACK OFF!"...

Same thing, Volvo style. I turned this off almost immediately after delivery FWIW.
How to turn it off? I don't see anywhere in the manual where it describes the function of these dots.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You should be able to adjust the distances between you and another vehicle, it's a good feature to let you know when you're traveling to close.

·
Registered
673 Posts
This is standard on all XC90s without the HUD. This is used for a couple of things - it is used for distance alert to maintain your distance from a vehicle while driving (you can set this in the settings menu). It also shows up if you are going to collide with another vehicle as a warning signal.
I believe if it is actually a collision warning, the lights will be red, not orange.

·
Registered
372 Posts
the distance setting is done through the Adaptive Cruise Control button on the steering wheel. I have done that because initial setting was set too far away as I like to drive at least 1 car length instead of the 2 or 3 it had it set for.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
i find it annoying i wish to lower it down..on windshield and it to move it down.
I've found that my idea of tailgating someone and Volvos' is totally different. You can guess who is probably right.
When I see the orange lights, I either back off or use ACC.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I see these orange dots constantly (mostly in slower traffic, not so much on the interstate). After 30 days, I've gotten over the annoyance-factor and have just accepted that Volvo believes I follow a little too closely. I haven't been annoyed enough yet to take the time to find the settings and try to adjust (if even possible).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Three second rule when following behind a vehicle. In poor weather conditions, stay waaaay back :) From the insurance companies; 50% of all road accidents are due to people following too close to the vehicle ahead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts