21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I would also like the details on a possible custom header source, please. This motor deserves a top-notch exhaust.
When I first got my 4.4 I was surprised how few performance parts they had for this motor considering how many they had for my 2.5

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have both V8 S80 & V8 XC90 and there exhaust systems are very different. 1st the most obvious clue there on 2 very different platforms xc90 = p2 while s80 = p3 so just with them being same engine but on different platforms there exhaust parts arent going to fit at all without some welding/modifications. There headers are the same until they turn under the engine and then there very different. The xc90 are standard automotive exhaust flange and are round while the s80 have a square shape and unique square flange with slots too.
So basically I have an 08 s80 with the 4.4 but can only find after market exhaust manifolds from MagnaFlow for the XC90 with the 4.4. At this point would they still be compatible or would the fitment be completely different. These are the ones I've been checking out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I have both V8 S80 & V8 XC90 and there exhaust systems are very different. 1st the most obvious clue there on 2 very different platforms xc90 = p2 while s80 = p3 so just with them being same engine but on different platforms there exhaust parts arent going to fit at all without some welding/modifications. There headers are the same until they turn under the engine and then there very different. The xc90 are standard automotive exhaust flange and are round while the s80 have a square shape and unique square flange with slots too.
Yeah I did finally talk to someone who had put headers into his as well as a super charger and basically everything ended up being custom made. Looks awesome but definitely don't want that much work hahaha.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts