SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I have an 08 s80 with the 4.4 but can only find after market exhaust manifolds from MagnaFlow for the XC90 with the 4.4. At this point would they still be compatible or would the fitment be completely different. These are the ones I've been checking out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That`s what I meant, if it fit S80 also they would say so
Yes I understand that, hence why I posted asking if they could be fit to an s80 or if the clearance or fitment would be too different considering the motors are the same. I know what it's made for. When I bought the taillights from a 2014 s80 it didn't say they would fit or be compatible with my 08 and yet they're, same thing with the newer front grille and it fit as well. So I figured I'd ask.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The best way to check is to visit Tasca Parts or use VIDA if you have it. Compare both S80 V8 & XC90 V8 exhaust components part number by part number. That way you will know for sure rather than relying on hearsay because I am pretty sure no one on here has had to change the exhaust manifolds yet.

Although if I recall correctly, I remember seeing some posts about XC90 engine in a S80 or the vice versa. Might find some luck with that. If they changed engines from either car those posts and people will be your best bet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
The best way to check is to visit Tasca Parts or use VIDA if you have it. Compare both S80 V8 & XC90 V8 exhaust components part number by part number. That way you will know for sure rather than relying on hearsay because I am pretty sure no one on here has had to change the exhaust manifolds yet.

Although if I recall correctly, I remember seeing some posts about XC90 engine in a S80 or the vice versa. Might find some luck with that. If they changed engines from either car those posts and people will be your best bet.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Someone on Facebook has custom headers on his 2010 S80 V8. The guy who made them is willing to make them for people but I'm not sure it'll be cheap since it is fully custom. Also those Magnaflow ones are OE. No upgrades, just an alternative to Volvos parts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Call? You mean actually talk to someone?.....scary
Also, why not just call and ask them?

I actually did call and email MagnaFlow prior to putting this up. Calling wise I waited on the phone over an hour and then decided to email. The people over there said that they weren't sure either. Hence asking the community

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Someone on Facebook has custom headers on his 2010 S80 V8. The guy who made them is willing to make them for people but I'm not sure it'll be cheap since it is fully custom. Also those Magnaflow ones are OE. No upgrades, just an alternative to Volvos parts.
Seems like a bit much at that point. Was just hoping someone had ran across a company that mass produced them and then I remembered I can't even find after market parts for the 4.4 haha. For me I would like to move past the stage 1 tune from Hilton but he recommends a free following header.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Seems like a bit much at that point. Was just hoping someone had ran across a company that mass produced them and then I remembered I can't even find after market parts for the 4.4 haha. For me I would like to move past the stage 1 tune from Hilton but he recommends a free following header.
Worth doing it. He ran 372 hp to the crank after doing headers, exhaust, intake and a hilton tune.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts