SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Good idea but it doesn’t look right at all. Fonts and badge styles are way too different imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sad, but true.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I wasn`t really sure myself
If you really want a 4.4 badge, I would buy two S40 emblems to use both of the 4’s to make one and then use the dot from the BMW badge. Or for a smaller one, use two 2.4i emblems from an S40 or V50.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
If you really want a 4.4 badge, I would buy two S40 emblems to use both of the 4’s to make one and then use the dot from the BMW badge. Or for a smaller one, use two 2.4i emblems from an S40 or V50.
Good thinking. The other problem is that I'm not convinced a 3-high stack will look good. If you could make it say 4.4 V8, that might be decent, but I'm not sure how well that would fit. And 4.4 would have to be the exact same font size or it would not look right.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
I tried that first, but the curve into the license plate area doesn`t let the spacing work out.
You could pull the AWD off and replace it with a 4.4L. AWD is sort of the least of the notations (and a given for the engine).

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Better add 4.4 AWD like 3.2 AWD or T6 AWD :)
That could work. You might need to move the V8 over to keep the two lines aligned.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Compare the V8 badge to an early T6 badge, the latter is much smaller (for comparison as the 2.4 badge also is smaller I believe?)

I think the best solution would be to buy a D4 badge, the second latest one before they switched to the rhomboid ones. Maybe also e.g a 2.4 badge to get the dot?

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Compare the V8 badge to an early T6 badge, the latter is much smaller (for comparison as the 2.4 badge also is smaller I believe?)

I think the best solution would be to buy a D4 badge, the second latest one before they switched to the rhomboid ones. Maybe also e.g a 2.4 badge to get the dot?
You could also use one of the new AWD badges next to the 4.4 to save space:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everyone who doesn`t own a Volvo likes it. I`m leaving it as is. Anyone who is in to Volvo`s would know it`s not real regardless of what I use.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Everyone who doesn`t own a Volvo likes it. I`m leaving it as is. Anyone who is in to Volvo`s would know it`s not real regardless of what I use.
Doesn't mean you couldn't make it look legitimate, even if it's not "real."

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

This is what I did. Spaced out the Volvo lettering and removed the S80 emblem. Gives it a more modern clean look in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts