SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98V70R and located a 3rd row seat from a 99 V70 for $75.
I am wondering if it will work in my R and if so what all I will need to take from his car to complete the install.
Thanks
Brian

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Brian - check out my write up here: 3rd row install thread

I added a third row seat into my '00 XC - it is pretty straight forward if you have all the parts. Most parts are visible in the pict above:
- Take all 4 floor boards (two edges and the larger two center) to make sure your carpet matches (if you care about that)
- narrow carpet strips that cover the metal rails in the base of the floor (see pict above)
- small screws that hold the carpet
- seatbelts, seatbelt mechanism bolts
- seat belt bolts to hold the lower belt in to the frame rail that the carpet covers (see pict above)
- two seat belt latches, the bracket goes into the spare tire well - 3 gold colored bolts hold it in place
- plastic "oval" that goes into the back of the seat where the catch level clips when the seat is up.
- light grey carpet "mat" that rests under the seats
- there is a piece of wood that goes across the spare tire hole. I made a false floor below Volvo carpet pieces and used two dowel rods to provide support when the kids climb in. I didn't have Volvo's piece of wood, so I made my own. and its rock solid when the kids climb in and out. I also put a subwoofer below it. My spare didn't fit in the well with the seat belt bracket. If you want a spare, grab the one out of that V70R as well.

I had to trim my light grey carpet to get around the seatbelt catches:

I used a C-clamp to keep the seat belt from recoiling too far back while I bolted the belt in place near the C-pilar:

gallery of photos

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
3rd seat kits go for hundreds usually, so that's a steal - even if you don't install it, go get it and resell it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris thanks soo much that info is perfect!
Lloyd- My thoughts exactly I may not use the 3rd row seat that often but for that price no reason not to install it and have it as an option.

·
Registered
97 Posts
3rd row is great.. a wagon isn't a wagon without the 3rd row!! My R didn't have it, but we talked the dealer shop into installing it as a selling point. Granted it's a different color (tan as opposed the the charcoal interior) but it's covered up 99% of the time anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts