SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a surprise to me, so I thought I would share. You have to lift the first layer off. There are also samples of the interior materials inside.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If your salesperson didn't point this out to you when they were introducing the car... They should have!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Something else hidden you may not have seen, are the spider web designs under the rear side storage box lids for the kids!

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's excellent news. I am taking delivery on January 2nd and the sells person didn't know if it was waterproof as I go surfing often here in morocco

·
Registered
568 Posts
this is the only key i carry, i have never used the larger remotes ever, they are still in the box. I wonder how much a second one of the sport keys is.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
If the sport key dies - how do you enter the car without using VOC? It's not like the normal remote that has the actual key portion for emergency situations.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dealer told me today that the regular key fob replacement is about $600. I would think the sport key would be expensive as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dealer told me today that the regular key fob replacement is about $600. I would think the sport key would be expensive as well.

Our dealer told us $800 per key and that it would take a week to arrive from Sweden. $600 a key would have changed my mind on the insurance they sold me for $485.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did anyone ever find out how much it would cost to get a couple of extra sport keys?
I was told by my dealer "Never lose this key, because we can't replace it." Maybe he doesn't know his stuff, but I'd assume if it's not replaceable, they wouldn't be able to program extra ones.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Err, ok, lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was told by my dealer "Never lose this key, because we can't replace it." Maybe he doesn't know his stuff, but I'd assume if it's not replaceable, they wouldn't be able to program extra ones.
I was told by my dealer that the battery in the sport key is not user replaceable, and when it runs out you just buy a new sport key. So if that's true, then you have to be able to buy new ones.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I wear mine in the shower. In case I need to jump in the car immediately.
Hahaha! But seriously, I clip this thing on my jacket's inner pocket and I forgot to take them off before washing the jacket. Good thing I remember to remove it before putting it in the dryer and yes it still works. ;)

·
Registered
826 Posts
If the sport key dies - how do you enter the car without using VOC? It's not like the normal remote that has the actual key portion for emergency situations.
Another option is with a magnet key holder stashed under the car like the old days. Just put the key part in it from the regular remote.

I was told by my dealer that the battery in the sport key is not user replaceable, and when it runs out you just buy a new sport key. So if that's true, then you have to be able to buy new ones.
Do we know at this point if this is true?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do we know at this point if this is true?
I was told the same. Because it's fully waterproof, it cannot be opened up to have the battery replaced. You have to buy a whole new unit. For that reason I think I'll just save it for when I really need it (e.g. going for a surf).

·
Registered
845 Posts
I was told the same. Because it's fully waterproof, it cannot be opened up to have the battery replaced. You have to buy a whole new unit. For that reason I think I'll just save it for when I really need it (e.g. going for a surf).
Electronic key fobs have been around for a long time now, and in my limited experience they always last more than ten years. We keep our cars for at least that long, and I have never had a key fob need a new battery. I have no idea whether the Volvo sports key has a shorter expected life-span than that, so if someone knows the expected lifetime of the battery, please let us know!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts