SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The upgrades should now be opened. Give it a few days for the news to make it down to your individual retailers.

Reactions: VolvoDerm

·
Registered
9,032 Posts
Do they communicate this via smoke signals or something? The original stop order on this said that SMB00-035 would be updated when this was ready. Still not seeing that SMB updated.

·
Registered
2017 XC60 T5 Inscription
257 Posts
I've entered my email more than 5 times on the website requesting info over the past two years.. not one damn communication about this at all. and I paid for "10 years of SOS and OnCall service" when I bought the car..... get it together Volvo.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
The upgrades should now be opened. Give it a few days for the news to make it down to your individual retailers.
How do we confirm this on our end? What should I tell my service guys to look for so they know they can try it? Will we have to do a software update for our customers how had it done before, or should those be working on their own now?

NM, found it and let service know. Thanks for the heads up!

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've entered my email more than 5 times on the website requesting info over the past two years.. not one damn communication about this at all. and I paid for "10 years of SOS and OnCall service" when I bought the car..... get it together Volvo.
I can definitely confirm that if you want. PM me your VIN.

Either way, you should be able to call and schedule it at the dealer.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
The fix is temporary. I think they only want us to do it for customers who had the modem replaced right away but didn't work. This will get them working but they will need to return for another software update at a later date.

Not sure if they want us scheduling new installs. Those customers will need to come in twice. And then who pays for the second update? We're already getting screwed because Volvo decided to say it should take 1 hour so people expect to pay 1 hour.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
VOC is telling customers to call us....
So question on the topic no one seems to know... how do you turn on the 2 year program they get with the upgrade? I only have access for the paid year or CPO. Service doesn't seem to know of any option. VOC told my customer that we do it here at the dealership.

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VOC is telling customers to call us....
So question on the topic no one seems to know... how do you turn on the 2 year program they get with the upgrade? I only have access for the paid year or CPO. Service doesn't seem to know of any option. VOC told my customer that we do it here at the dealership.
The solution should be out shortly for the extension. Call dealer support and they can pass you along to get it applied manually.

My understanding is upgrades are OK, as long as they understand at some point they will need to come back.

·
Registered
9,032 Posts
How do we confirm this on our end? What should I tell my service guys to look for so they know they can try it? Will we have to do a software update for our customers how had it done before, or should those be working on their own now?

NM, found it and let service know. Thanks for the heads up!
Found what, the SMB? Or something in TIE?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
The service bulletin. Volvo sucks at communication on important things sometimes, so other than this thread, no one knew about the temp update, yet Volvo on Call was telling customers to call us to schedule (which isn't correct either at this point).

Reactions: Tech

·
Registered
9,032 Posts
Well, when I checked the SMB, which is what the TIE announcement said they would update when this was resolved, it hadn't been changed since the Feb 9th. I checked it yesterday.

·
Registered
9,032 Posts
See that's part of volvos problem, they got way too many places to announce ****. And I guess us lowly indys don't get the most up to date SMBs because I just checked it and it is still dated the 9th of feb.

Reactions: DFrantz

·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
See that's part of volvos problem, they got way too many places to announce ****. And I guess us lowly indys don't get the most up to date SMBs because I just checked it and it is still dated the 9th of feb.

You can shoot me a PM... I think I actually saw your "case" show up, given the detail of you having an indy shop.

·
Registered
9,032 Posts
No it wasn't me, I'm trying to get mine dine at the dealer since us as Indys can't get the 2 year extension if we do it ourselves. More passive aggressive bs from volvo.

·
Registered
9,032 Posts
Those ****ers. They did exactly the opposite of what the TIE announcement said they would do. They said watch SMB00-035 for update.

·
Administrator
76,004 Posts
My follow-up to the original 4G upgrade was performed last week and everything is working fine.

Reactions: DFrantz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anybody know if dealers can now perform a 4G upgrade on a car that didn't have the initial failed upgrade? If so, have the problems been resolved so that it won't be necessary to come back for a second fix?

·
Registered
9,032 Posts
My local dealer charges what can only be described as rape for this, 3.4 hours, 2 hours to remove and install new TEM, 1.4 hours to download software.

It comes out about $450 in labor for what takes about 1hr to do.

Telling most my my customers we can do it for about half that. We won't be able (to my knowledge) get them the 2 year subscription extension, but at least we'll follow the SMB time guidelines.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts