SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
401 - 420 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Could customers with a Volvo Extended Warranty make a case that the 3G/4G upgrade should be covered under terms of the service contract given that a sold device no longer functions? Seems like you could justify making that a warranty issue.

·
Registered
2005 V70, 2016 V60
388 Posts
Could customers with a Volvo Extended Warranty make a case that the 3G/4G upgrade should be covered under terms of the service contract given that a sold device no longer functions? Seems like you could justify making that a warranty issue.
I think I made a point like that someplace, the SOS button was a big selling point for me and if Volvo is really the super-uber-safe car company, you would think they wouldn't have a safety system like this become disabled.

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
There is a disclaimer for these types of issues out of their control. For 2016s they better make it right for free though.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
Because SPA 2016s were the only ones with 3G modems. They figured their **** out for 2017.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
I tried renewal. Its adds 2 months to your subscription. March 12 2022 is expiration. I ran it one more time, now its May 12 2022. Price is 21.92 for 2 months

Looks like you can buy subscription for 2 months at a time. It makes sense. ATT can pull plug any time. We can continue to use services until ATT pulls the plug.

BTW. I was able to stop/start my car and lock unlock without subscription. Mine expired back in November 2021.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I tried renewal. Its adds 2 months to your subscription. March 12 2022 is expiration. I ran it one more time, now its May 12 2022. Price is 21.92 for 2 months

Looks like you can buy subscription for 2 months at a time. It makes sense. ATT can pull plug any time. We can continue to use services until ATT pulls the plug.

BTW. I was able to stop/start my car and lock unlock without subscription. Mine expired back in November 2021.
Thanks for sharing. Renewed for 2 months, until March 16, and it won’t let me renew again. Since it needs dealer visit to active after expiration, I don’t want to take the deactivation risk. Hopefully Volvo will come up with a solution soon. I have been using the App for six years. When I called volvo support, even the Volvo support guy on the phone didn’t know there was an option to buy 5 years subscription which I bought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just chatted with agent who seemed to think renewal was no longer an option. Seems more ham-handed than I expect from Volvo.

·
Registered
2005 V70, 2016 V60
388 Posts
I just chatted with agent who seemed to think renewal was no longer an option. Seems more ham-handed than I expect from Volvo.
I just did it from the app - no problem. Did that option just go away?
I can't decide if they are being dicks or don't want to charge customers for something they can't supply. Maybe a big WARNING MIGHT NOT WORK IN YOUR AREA DO YOU WANT TO PAY ANYWAY would be apropos?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sadly, no one at Volvo seems to know anything other than a solution is forthcoming. When or pricing is still a mystery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only work around I found is to get 3rd party 4g connection to car bus. I posted how it works two weeks ago. It's better than nothing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just saw this from Consumer Reports:

Volvo

Vehicles affected:
2015.5-2018 S60, V60, and V60 Cross Country; 2015.5-2017 XC60; 2015.5-2016 XC70, and 2016 XC90, according to Volvo’s website.
The fix: Volvo has yet to announce what will happen to vehicles with 3G technology and the Volvo On Call telematics service after AT&T’s network goes dark on Feb. 22, 2022, but Volvo spokesperson Russ Datz tells CR that the automaker will soon be offering owners a hardware upgrade to retain full On Call operation, and that details will be provided to customers directly within a few weeks.

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
I guess the clowns in charge of this messaging must be coming up for retirement soon because they would be fired in any other sort of org that values accountability.

Can't wait till a late winter storm in Feb and March and everyone's SOS button stops working.

Even if Volvo announced it TODAY, there is no ****ing way they will be able to get hardware out to dealers and ppl get cars scheduled in time before the shutoff. My dealer is regularly scheduled out weeks.

****ing imbeciles.

Reactions: crisdasilva
401 - 420 of 450 Posts