SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I have been piecing together the kits/parts to modestly lift a Black '04 XC70 and I am looking for a little advice now... well, maybe a Lot of it.

So far, I've been able to gather a set of the BadSwede Springs, the C.C.P. 1" SubFrame Spacers, their 2" shock/strut-top lift kit -front & back, a set of 1.25" Wheelspacers and a set of the Derlin Subframe bushings. Oh. and a set of Camber Bolts, too.

Font Wood Automotive tire Art Gas

What I Believe I am still hunting are a set of Rear SubFrame Bushings, shocks and struts, and a set of SwayBars -front and rear- and their EndLinks. And set of tires.

Right now my XC70 has just over 191k on the clock and I can definitely feel each and every one of those miles on it as I drive. I've had it since late Aprilof this year and I am Definitely ready to pull the trigger on these for all four corners.

I would like to hear from others, with similar set-ups, about their experiences with different brands/spec'd shocks/struts when coupled with the parts list above before I just pick one from the bunch. Ideally, I'd like to NOT overkill it... but I don't really want to spend money on the cheapest sets I can find, but I also don't want to spend fortune on them either. I guess I'm looking for a "HappyMedium" somewhere in the middle and I'm hoping to order something today so that I can move forward on this and be done before winter sets in.

I would also like to hear from other members about their experiences with the different Rear Subframe bushings that are on the market, as I am ready to pull on this thread too.

And then, lastly... on the SwayBars and EndLinks, will the XC90 front and rear bars and links be a BoltOn application, or is there a real advantage in having the HD ipd set-up under my Stabbin'Waggin'? Should I just source an XC90 set and order new bushings for those instead?

I am sure that I will have more questions as this project progresses between my gathering these last few parts on my list before I bit the bullet and finally order the tires for my Rigg... but let's just see how long it takes me to do this, as I am doing this myself. In my California driveway, even.

Please help me to address these three component questions and then we/I can go from there... and I am looking forward to posting about my progress here in the forums.

I do thank you in advance for your sage advice.

All possible regards,
3'Foot-Damian

Cheers!

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

^∆^∆^∆^
My matching 2004 019's... and my Original Stabbin'Waggin' in the garage.

All contributions are appreciated... Thanks All!

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Just use the stock shocks, Sachs. You can get them from Rock Auto, or buy FCP for lifetime.

Use stock V70R sway bars.

Endlinks, MOOG problem solver have been the best on my setup. Rear can be stock fitment, for the front use the MOOG endlink from a 2000 Chrysler Concorde. Trust Me.

Tire size? You may have clearance issues depending on the tire size with the wheel spacers. Be ready to cut, hammer, and torch wheel archs.

Axles?

Check the introduction post on my thread if you haven't seen it already. Lost of good information.

Word of advice, these vehicles can be maintenance hungry, especially at this age, keep some money and enthusiasm for when **** will break. Maybe get into the AWD and replace the collar sleeve before it has a chance to strip.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 d5 V70
106 Posts
Following with interest. You've had a reply from the oracle, take his advice.

From research, mostly studying Antherzoll's thread, axles are important. I think the recommended remedy is xc90 axles, which are longer? As the stock axles will be strained with such a lift.

I intend to follow you both down this path, but likely not until next year, so would very much appreciate your posting about the process.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts