SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
That is awesome. Go for it!

I had really good luck with photogrammetry for the rear spring seats I’m making. If you get some clean pictures it’s very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Psychonaut

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I saw that, I'm going to get some flexible resin and try printing some myself.

I'd like to see a picture of your results. Are you just using a filament printer for it? I am strongly considering getting an Ender Pro 5, from my understanding those are the best in terms of bang for the buck.

What software and scanner were you using to put it together? I was looking to buy an iphone 12 because of the facial recognition scanner doubles over as a LiDAR scanner which can be used for photogrammetry. Surprisingly enough, I have an Xbox One camera that I got randomly, and I found out you can get an adapter that allows you to convert it into a 3d scanner for the PC so it's definitely a lot more cost effective than paying $1000+ on a scanner.
I am not doing my own printing. I just used photogrammetry to create a mesh of the object I needed. I just needed some critical dimensions from the part to create my own version of the part. Not the same process as you but the photogrammetry part could probably work well for you if you are trying to do some budget 3D scanning.

I hung the object with fishing wire and lit it from all angles using shop lights. Took pictures from all angles using my Sony A7S with a 35mm on it. I used mesh room to stitch it all together.

It's not perfect, you have to do some clean up but this is the raw mesh it spits out. Just cleaned up the background in blender.

It's really worked well for me. This doesn't need to be accurate to the thousandth of an inch but it's been good enough for me to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Psychonaut
1 - 2 of 2 Posts