SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday, May 19th 2002, DeAnza Junior College, corner of Stevens Creek Boulevard and Pierce Road, Cupertino, CA., parking lot "B".<P>It's a "run what 'ya brung" sort of ordeal, however the guys who will be ripping up the track and putting everyone else to shame will be driving cars they brought in on a trailer. I, of course, will unfortunately be missing out on it, as my car is in the fabrication shop. Sure, I could bring my 142, but the gears are too tall and the engine isn't quite torquey engough to compensate. So, anyone who lives in the SF/San Jose Bay Area who is into autocrossing, whether or not you plan on driving in the autocross, come check it out!<P>Further details:<BR>+ $15/per driver, limit of 275 cars<BR>+ No trucks, vans or motorcycles (duh!)<BR>+ Registration opens up at 7:00AM, however if you want a chance to actually race before the 4:00PM trees obscure the cone setup on the course, I'd highly suggest getting there before 6:00AM.<BR>+ The races begin at 9:00AM and end at around 5:30PM.<BR>+ Helmets are required, however loaner helmets will be available (in somewhat limited quantities though).<P>Sucks that I'll be missing out on it, but I'm bringing my MiniDV cam and digital still image camera to get footage of the action.<P>-he who stacks pork<P>

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leopold Porkstacker:<BR><B>Sure, I could bring my 142, but the gears are too tall and the engine isn't quite torquey engough to compensate.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>HAHA, I autocrossed my '87 240 (B230F/M47) with about 100rwhp and a 3.31 rear end. What are you complaining about?<P>

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I missed out on it due to some family related things that came up, but I suspect that they cancelled the event due to the heavy rain. I know, I know, if the autocross was an official SCCA or NASA event they would not have cancelled it. But since it was put on by a junior college, and the fact that 1/2 the expected drivers are amateurs, it makes sense that they would have cancelled it. Oh well. No biggee.<P>-he who stacks pork<P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts