SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Canadian Volvo Club is hosting it's annual meet on July, 29th and what better way to travel there then as a pack. As you can see we now have 4 locations planned to meet up with our fellow members.

First:
Time of Departure: 6:40am.

Second: Location Changed
Time of Departure: 7:15am

Third:
Time of Departure: 7:30am

Forth & GRAND meeting place:
Time of Departure: 8:00

So here is the plan. People from the first location will meet up with people from the second as it is on the way, from there we will head out to the forth location. People from the third location will head also to the forth location. Then we will depart as a full convoy to the the CVC meet. As for timing at the fourth location PLEASE wait for all groups to arrive before departure as there are many variables with synchronization i.e traffic, construction yada yada (this also will be the case with group One meeting up with group Two).

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
This convoy is not limited to people of the GTA as we can plan to meet others along the way. Starting location, time and route have yet to be determined but will come together as more people join up. So lets get brainstorming and make this awesome!
We've convoyed in the past.
We normally meet at around 8:30-9 and start the convoy. The meeting point was at Major MacKenzie & Jane St at the Esso Gas Station. We then trek south on 400 and head over to the 401 West all the way to 401 & Mavis at the Volvo of Mississauga/Tim Hortons to meet up with the West group (Mississauga & Brampton guys, along with other T.O guys from Downtown + East end). Frank from EST also joins us, but we need to collaborate as to where to meet, there were a couple times where we met over at his house. By then we had a decent size number of cars that drive from there all the way to London.

I'd say we should keep it pretty much the same, but keep the stops to a minimal. The key is to have definitive and easy meet up points along the route of the 401 and 400, with large parking.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'd say we should keep it pretty much the same, but keep the stops to a minimal. The key is to have definitive and easy meet up points along the route of the 401 and 400, with large parking.
I'm down with this plan. Volvo of Mississauga/Tim Hortons seems like a great place for people to meet up. Have a idea for a time?

·
Registered
271 Posts
ill be down for a convoy. I know there are more then a couple of us from the hamilton area... hope we all can meet up and join.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm down with this plan. Volvo of Mississauga/Tim Hortons seems like a great place for people to meet up. Have a idea for a time?
^ Co-sign with this, keep me posted folks.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
How about meet in Vaughan at the Esso station on Major Mac/Jane, and leave at 8:30.

Then we'll drive down to Volvo of Mississauga, where you guys will be waiting. We'll get there at 9am, then drive down the 401 to Brock road.

The Hamilton bunch will meet up at 9am and drive up to Brock Road S. and the 401, where we will all meet up, prefferably at the Tim Hortons On brock Road, just north of the 401.

Then we will all drive back down to the 401 and towards Ilderton.

What do you think?

EDIT: Here's the plan mapped out. If we leave the final location though, we'll get to Ilderton by 12pm,.That seems a bit late IMO, unless we all leave 1 hour earlier

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
So we leave Vaughan at 6:30am, Mississauga at 7am and the final location at 8am. That sounds like a better plan :)

Also, the Mississauga and Hamilton crew will both meet up at the Brock checkpoint. Only the Vaughan crowd will meet up with the Sauga crowd before we drive down the 401. That way we don't backtrack or waste time

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Sounds like a plan, never liked how we always arrived late at the past convoys. I'm an early bird so I don't mind the time, but I can see this being a prob for some people.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Some of my buddies might hitch a ride with me so I'll have to see. In the past Ilderton meets, I generally arrived there around 9:30/10am. I'm typically an early bird for meets too. lol

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Are we all ok for getting there at 10am, or should we leave the final stop sooner?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Are we all ok for getting there at 10am, or should we leave the final stop sooner?
Do you mean we'll get to the CVC meet at 10am? I think I can do with that! Just not any later. haha :p :D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Yes, getting there at 10am! Hopefully we can "cruise" at 120km/hr and make it there sooner :D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
NOTE REVISED TIMES

Can we start getting a list of names together for each location? We don't want to leave anyone behind

·
Registered
586 Posts
Volvo of Mississauga Location (leave 7:15am):
1. RBoy8

Esso Location (leave 7:30am):

Tim Hortons Final Meeting Location (8:00am)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts