SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

30K vs 40K service and cost between dealers

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  mOny718 
#1 ·
Time for Service for our new to us Volvo S60. Our car went into service on 1/15/2015. It's last service was 8/27/2018 at 26,151 miles and it was the 30k service.

We are at 34,426. 3 years 7 months of service.

Do we just get an oil change? Do we redo the 30K, do we do the 40K.
It looks like the only real differences between 30k and 40k seems to be brake fluid change, cabin and engine air filter and some other check and adjust.

Also what got me is there is a significant price difference between two local dealers in the price. Which I found kind of crazy.

Smyth
30k svc : 160.20
40k svc: 803.40

Prestige East hanover
30k svc : 365.00
40k svc: 560.00

30K Oil & Filter
Brake Fluid replace
Cabin Air filter replace
ACL Filter replace
30K brake hose / lines check
30K brake pads / disc check
30K check adjust fluids
30K clean inside of windshield
coolant check and adjust
engine check for leaks
enging trans timing check for leaks
fuel line check for leaks
30K headlamp wiper wash check adjust
parking brake check / adjust
30K SRI reset
30K Spare tiire check
30K check temp tire sealing lit
30K tires check
30K top engine oil
30K windshield wiper / washer

See less See more
#2 ·
I guess given those options if you don't want to do the oil change yourself I would take it Smyth for the 30k and change the filters yourself.

#5 ·
#4 ·
I would just pick the items you want them to do. You are probably better off just saying you want the oil change, cleaning of the City Safety sensor in the windshield and nothing else; they are going to check all those items anyone to let you know what needs replacement. You can do the Engine and Cabin Filters yourself fairly easy and order them online for very cheap.

#7 ·
bought the car certified and not sure if it's normal, but spark plugs were replaced at 32k and rear brakes were changed at 37k. only did brake fluid change at 40k, cost me $90 at local Volvo indy shop. They did a multi check inspection like the dealer and filled fluids as needed.
changed filters myself. couldn't believe the cabin filter was located where it was. lol. step by step info from this forum made is very easy, just not as easy as most ALL of the other cars I have owned.

#10 ·
Ha, if you thought the cabin filter was hard on these cars, you should see the crazy gymnast/contortionist moves you need to make to change it on the P1 models! I'm still sore from the last time I did it on the S40 (a few years ago). :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.