SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my car to my mechanic, due to what I thought was brake fluid coming from the brakes, But in actuality it was coming from the transmission (I thought it was from a slave cylinder) So now he tells me that the repair will be over $3000.. Does that sound about right?

Registered
That's horse manure. I have a great transmission shop here that will remove and overhaul any trans for $940 plus the banner kit. Just did my Saab for 1700. You are getting ripped off.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Registered
I brought my car to my mechanic, due to what I thought was brake fluid coming from the brakes, But in actuality it was coming from the transmission (I thought it was from a slave cylinder) So now he tells me that the repair will be over $3000.. Does that sound about right?
Who's your mechanic? I see you're in MA so try Quality Volvo in Wakefield MA. They're an indy that had go through my car when I bought it and decided to have them do my timing belt and have been fair and honest with me. Oh and they only use Volvo parts.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who's your mechanic? I see you're in MA so try Quality Volvo in Wakefield MA. They're an indy that had go through my car when I bought it and decided to have them do my timing belt and have been fair and honest with me. Oh and they only use Volvo parts.
I've been meaning to ask people this question, what is Indy?

Registered
Independent shops AKA not the dealer.

Registered
Rave imports in Peabody, MA. They did my slave/pressure plate/clutch for $600 labor and I supplied the parts $400. $3k is total b*llsh*t, even if you add the flywheel (approx $800) or the rear main seal (approx $17 part!).

Registered
Your "mechanic" is trying to bend you over while whispering dealership prices in your ear.

Registered
I would buy a BRAND NEW tranny for that price, and find a shop that will swap it for 800$ and it will be 3K lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rave imports in Peabody, MA. They did my slave/pressure plate/clutch for $600 labor and I supplied the parts $400. $3k is total b*llsh*t, even if you add the flywheel (approx $800) or the rear main seal (approx $17 part!).
I'll give them a try, thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your "mechanic" is trying to bend you over while whispering dealership prices in your ear.
Lol, we'll he called me back and told me that it might not be that much

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Btw, that's price was also including all the parts (sorry, I left that part out)

Registered
Btw, that's price was also including all the parts (sorry, I left that part out)
And hopefully dinner and some expensive wine.

As others have said: call another shop to have a comparison. Comparing prices in OK to prices in MA is comparing apples to oranges.

Registered
And hopefully dinner and some expensive wine.

As others have said: call another shop to have a comparison. Comparing prices in OK to prices in MA is comparing apples to oranges.
especially when its a saab at that..... and probably just fwd as well.

To OP: what parts does that include...?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update: the price drop to $1900 now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts