SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an original yellow 1800ES. The water where I live is very hard, and the best facility I have for washing is my very own garden hose. (The local power wash leaves a nice even layer of crusty, soapy grey snot all over.)<P>Is there anything that can neutralize hard water when I rinse the car? Also, are any of the products that keep getting mentioned in this forum, inappropriate for very old and slightly oxidized paint?<P>The finish is totally salvageable--it looks great when it's wet--but I think it needs some serious loving from the ground up.<P>Any good ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
A high quality wax would be a good start. If the clear coat is totally shot I would bring in to your local body shop to get redone. Thats a sweet car you have there, P1800s will always be a classic. Make her look good!<BR>That sounds like pretty bad water there, you could go to an aquatic center and get water treatment, treat a bucket of water and let it sit overnight. Then wash the car by hand, sounds like more work than I've heard necessary though!!!! Good luck, and please post pics of your P1800!!!<P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Hmmm yellow and that old. I'm gonna guess it has no clear coat. You could probably have it buffed and get rid of the oxidized sections, but I'd be careful with that. Too much buffing can take it down to the primer and that won't look very nice. <P>Sounds like a great find. Good luck with the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts