SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're supposed to get a 30% accessory coupon from Volvo once our car arrives. I'm torn on what to use it for. It's an Ocean Race edition, so I was thinking of getting the roof box.

I can get the roof box from a local dealer for much less than the regular asking price, and then apply the coupon to that. Or, call around, find the cheapest dealer to do the P* tune and apply the coupon to that.

I'm leaning toward the roof box, only because that's probably something that won't be available in the not too distant future, whereas I can go into Volvo at any point for the P* tune.

What do all of you think? :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
My vote would go for the box as well. The tune on the other hand should be available for discount if you shop around. It’s worth $845 for the OSD if I remember correctly. And I had it done for 870 on the car that was bought back. I have read similar price somewhere on this forum as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
We're supposed to get a 30% accessory coupon from Volvo once our car arrives. I'm torn on what to use it for. It's an Ocean Race edition, so I was thinking of getting the roof box.

I can get the roof box from a local dealer for much less than the regular asking price, and then apply the coupon to that. Or, call around, find the cheapest dealer to do the P* tune and apply the coupon to that.

I'm leaning toward the roof box, only because that's probably something that won't be available in the not too distant future, whereas I can go into Volvo at any point for the P* tune.

What do all of you think? :)
Both! Just email the customer service and ask for another one

·
Registered
585 Posts
I emailed customer service and got a coupon for 20% with a maximum of $100 reimbursement .... had planned to use it for the OR roof box as well but the maximum discount makes it irrelevant. I would like to know how others are getting 30% off coupons and/or larger maximum rebates.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I emailed customer service and got a coupon for 20% with a maximum of $100 .... had planned to use it for the OR roof box as well but the maximum discount makes it irrelevant. I would like to know how others are geting 30% off coupons ...
Getting it as a courtesy with new car purchase. I don't have it yet, but it's possible it could be capped.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Getting it as a courtesy with new car purchase. I don't have it yet, but it's possible it could be capped.
Yes, mine was after my new car purchase as well. You usually have to email them to ask for it. They won't automatically send you one. Please let me know what discount and cap you get (there will most definitely be a cap of $100 or $200).

·
Registered
897 Posts
I emailed customer service and got a coupon for 20% with a maximum of $100 reimbursement .... had planned to use it for the OR roof box as well but the maximum discount makes it irrelevant. I would like to know how others are getting 30% off coupons and/or larger maximum rebates.
Got a 30%, $200 max coupon when we purchased our 18' V90CC. Never used it.
Volvo customer care sent me another one after I had spoken to them a few times concerning a question I had about the car. Don't plan on using that one either.
Can use on accessory purchase or parts needed during service.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got a 20% off coupon when I got my car and it is capped at $150 maximum discount. If you're going to go with the roof box, look online first. You can get OEM parts for significantly less than at the dealer. The mudflaps that sell for $100 each set from the configurator I got for between $40-$50 each set online. Don't remember what I paid for the load bars and ski rack, but it was probably somewhere in the ballpark of a 20% or 30% discount.

·
Registered
158 Posts
After I bought my car and heard about the coupon, I emailed and asked for the 30% $200 one. I used it on polestar. I then asked for another one and used it on the roof racks and sunshades

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you still have it would you mind sharing it with me?
Doesn't work that way - they generate a one-time use coupon with a specific code and fairly short expiration date ... at least in my case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts