SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howzit guys!

I had a OEM exhaust with only the cat removed. I swapped it for a 3" Turbo back system from another S60R, the guy didn't like a loud exhaust, so in another words 3" right up to the last box also with no CAT. Here is a little clip of how she sounds...I like it! I also have a 98 octane elevate map on the car, the exhaust was done after the software. On the dyno I can't really see any gains in HPs and NMs. Is this normal or what? Must I update the software to see the gains?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eK7TpZUYxIo

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
nice color!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
how much did your custom exhaust run? Sounds very good.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
What stage (stage 1 or 2) tune do you have on your car? It sounds like you had a stage 1 tune installed and now you've installed a full 3" turbo back exhaust (3" downpipe and 3" cat-back exhaust). If so, then you'll need to upgrade to a stage 2 tune to take full advantage of your new setup.

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much did your custom exhaust run? Sounds very good.
Thanks! It was a straight swop so it cost me nothing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What stage (stage 1 or 2) tune do you have on your car? It sounds like you had a stage 1 tune installed and now you've installed a full 3" turbo back exhaust (3" downpipe and 3" cat-back exhaust). If so, then you'll need to upgrade to a stage 2 tune to take full advantage of your new setup.

Cheers,

Jeff
Ok cool, should be stage 1 yes, will see if Elevate got a stage 2 for the car.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Thanks! It was a straight swop so it cost me nothing. :thumbup:
I scanned over your post and missed that part... You need to post more vids! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like am not going to come right at Elevate and will need to look elsewhere for a Stage 2 tune. Who do you guys suggest? ARD maybe?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Looks like am not going to come right at Elevate and will need to look elsewhere for a Stage 2 tune. Who do you guys suggest? ARD maybe?
What problems are you having with Elevate? I'm assuming you have the Autotech tune that Elevate sells and I'm also assuming that you have the handheld tuning unit that would allow you to download a new tune from Autotech and re-flash the car yourself. If so, have you tried contacting Peter Carvall at Autotech directly? The e-mail address that I have for Peter is [email protected]. I'm not sure whether that e-mail address still works.

·
6,436 Posts
shiet man...what's wrong with you. You don't own a race car! Removing the catalytic converter will not gain you any significant gains, but you'll be spitting pollutants each time you drive.

Stuff like that makes me want to get rid of the R and get something more expensive which youngsters can't afford... Why is every thread nowadays about removing CATs??!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What problems are you having with Elevate? I'm assuming you have the Autotech tune that Elevate sells and I'm also assuming that you have the handheld tuning unit that would allow you to download a new tune from Autotech and re-flash the car yourself. If so, have you tried contacting Peter Carvall at Autotech directly? The e-mail address that I have for Peter is [email protected]. I'm not sure whether that e-mail address still works.
Yes that is correct. I have a dealer here in South Africa who deals with Peter and Peter told him that he only has 1 calibration for the S60R :(

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
shiet man...what's wrong with you. You don't own a race car! Removing the catalytic converter will not gain you any significant gains, but you'll be spitting pollutants each time you drive.

Stuff like that makes me want to get rid of the R and get something more expensive which youngsters can't afford... Why is every thread nowadays about removing CATs??!!
Anyone who drives an old car typically doesn't even have a cat, also, cars with bad cats (which is a lot of people with 90's cars, at least around here) also have nearly the same affect. So, I do feel bad sometimes, but then I think to myself "I could just be driving that 73' caddy, what's the difference?" Maybe that's a bad way to justify it, but you get what I'm saying.

Also keep in mind the OBX downpipe has pretty much dominated the market simply because it's cheap, and it's catless. People won't spend money if they don't have to, unless they have cash to throw around. I'm just letting you know, which you probably already know is that no matter which performance car you buy (unless it's like a high end Merc or something) you will always find people going catless.

·
6,436 Posts
Anyone who drives an old car typically doesn't even have a cat, also, cars with bad cats (which is a lot of people with 90's cars, at least around here) also have nearly the same affect. So, I do feel bad sometimes, but then I think to myself "I could just be driving that 73' caddy, what's the difference?" Maybe that's a bad way to justify it, but you get what I'm saying.

Also keep in mind the OBX downpipe has pretty much dominated the market simply because it's cheap, and it's catless. People won't spend money if they don't have to, unless they have cash to throw around. I'm just letting you know, which you probably already know is that no matter which performance car you buy (unless it's like a high end Merc or something) you will always find people going catless.
Yea...sad truth unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Are you ready for stage 2? Do you have the supporting mods required?? And Autotech does indeed have tunes for stage 2.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you ready for stage 2? Do you have the supporting mods required?? And Autotech does indeed have tunes for stage 2.
I am going to upgrade the intercooler next week, then all the supporting mods will be done. I think I need to chat to Peter directly then.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts