SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you guys.

I have problem deciding if I should replays my OEM downpipe with the Ferrita Downpipe?

I’m worried that the sound in the car would be to loud and that I will have drone at Highway speed's

Any one driving with the Ferrita DP and could tell me how it sounds, is there any drone or something at any rpm's...

Will there be codes with the Ferrita and OEM program, say if I want to have stock program on the winter months.

Have do have Ferrita Cat Back on the car now with ATM stage 2.
Would really like to go for the stage 3 tune and the Ferrita DP, but as I wrote im worried that it will drone or be loud in the car.

Is there a big different in stage 2 and 3 tune?

Is it hard to do a Down Pipe change by your self, do I need any special tools?

Any one that have pictures on there Down pipe change??

//Best regard

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
No drone at all - probably the best exhaust system available on the market.

You will get a DTC because of high flow cat - you need an ATM tune with cat delete enabled.

The difference between stage 2 and 3 is definitely noticeable.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
It's a work around but an alternative to cat delete is to use O2 sensor spacers to correct DTC from high cat flow. Very common issue but spacers seems to work.
Sometime you need more than one though.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
It's a work around but an alternative to cat delete is to use O2 sensor spacers to correct DTC from high cat flow. Very common issue but spacers seems to work.
Sometime you need more than one though.
That didn't work for me with the Ferrita DP, probably because of race cat (100 cpi).

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Kova, had you tried with 2 spacers? It did not work for me the first time until I added a second and 90° spacer.
I'm just curious :D

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Kova, had you tried with 2 spacers? It did not work for me the first time until I added a second and 90° spacer.
I'm just curious :D
No, as tune solved the problem I haven't tried with 2 spacers. :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ferrita exhausts.

I have been selling Ferrita exhausts here in the UK for arround 15 years now and have had virtually no problems with quality, fit etc.

The d'pipe with 100 cel cat is needed for anything over a basic software upgrade as it helps to get the gasses away, more particularly the heat that arrises from higher output demands, the cat back is not that important for an initial upgrade.

These Ferrita downpipes use the very best Finnish made Kemira/Ecocat cats. They do introduce a slightly different sound, both inside and outside the car but could never be said to be irritating or give rise to droning etc.

The check light can very, very occasionaly come on with one of these d'pipes being fitted, it is caused by the ECU not sensing the quality of signal that it wants due to the gasses passing it too fast. Frankly it is much less likely to occur with a Ferrita pipe, but sometimes it will and the remedy is to fit one of their lambda plug extensions which pulls it out of the gas flow sufficiently to prevent the light coming on.

Regards, Don.

·
Registered
227 Posts
With autotech tune I don't have cels visible with an elevate dp with cat. There are dtcs set however.

With stock tune and dp I get a cel.

With two spacers and the stock tune, no dtcs, no cel.

I however have 200 cell cat, ferrita is 100. Ferrita is better for performance, but if state inspections and emissions are a factor , the 100 cell cat may be a problem

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I have Autotech tune and 1 spacer - no cel, no DTC.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Autotech tune. Cheap straight spacer.
that's not going to fly in the US for states with california emissions. needs stock tune and either 1 or 2 spacers with no CEL to pass.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
What about the sound, is it "loud" in the car, is there any drone at certain rpm's??
I know Kova is happy, but all you other guys, what is your opinion’s?

If I go with ATM stage 3 do I need spacer, or is it just when I go OEM program and Ferrita DP I need spacer?

//Best regard

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
If you keep oem tune with any aftermarket downpipe that has a higher flowing catalytic converter, then at least 1 spacer is recommended.

The ferrita will sound exactly like stock until you remove the resonator. Then it will sound like a beast

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
If I go with ATM stage 3 do I need spacer, or is it just when I go OEM program and Ferrita DP I need spacer?
You need a spacer with Autotech stage 3 to clear DTC as the tune will clear the CEL. I wouldn't recommend using Ferrita DP with race cat (100 cel) with stock tune.

P.S. driving cabrio I really wouldn't like my exhaust to be loud, not to mention any kind of drone. ;)

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
P.S. driving cabrio I really wouldn't like my exhaust to be loud, not to mention any kind of drone. ;)
:thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts