SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to sell a 3" Cat-less OBX down-pipe. Was on the car for a month only. Nothing wrong with it just needed the car quiet to sell. Noticeable increase in throttle response and turbo spool with it for sure. Let me know, bought it for $275 and am willing to sell it for $120 being i don't have the bolts for it and am a broke college kid who needs money. No shipping in person cash only sorry. Let me know any questions or concerns Sean - (732) 575-3936. Jackson NJ Had it on a 2002 S60 T5-M (FWD)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Noob here when it comes to exhaust upgrades but curious. I'm interested in a different sound on my c30. Don't care much for performance upgrades. What else will be needed to set this up (missing bolts- I get it), but is this an easy swap? I'm from Chicago but will be spending xmas in jersey so I can pick up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You are definitely right, that would help a lot. 2002 S60 T5-M

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Wow jackson NJ. I grew up there and only just left. Small world I guess.
goodluck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Noob here when it comes to exhaust upgrades but curious. I'm interested in a different sound on my c30. Don't care much for performance upgrades. What else will be needed to set this up (missing bolts- I get it), but is this an easy swap? I'm from Chicago but will be spending xmas in jersey so I can pick up!
dont buy it. Its for a different car.
If you want sound>performance then buy an axle-back muffler/exhaust i guess.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where are you located? And i realize it's a bit unreasonable to not want to ship. Im just not sure how the whole paypal and everything works.

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
This DP is for a P2 S60 and will not work for you.

But to answer your question.... A DP can be swapped out in 30 minutes to 8 hours depending on your skill level and how rusted your stock DP bolts might be.
Either way, you should get Stage 8 locking bolts when installing a new DP, since the bolts love to back themselves out over time. Depending on the DP and your cat back, you may need to buy a special flange or weld a straight piece of pipe in place to connect the two parts together.

There are a few threads on C30Crew and in the S40/V50 section on DP swap for the P1s. Just look in the stickies.

A DP will allow you to hear a bit more turbo spooling noise and will allow your turbo to spool up faster, but it is nearly completely worthless on a P1 car without a tune.
If it's catless (and in many cases even with a high flow cat) you will get an O2 CEL, so even more reason to get a tune to write that out. Sometimes just a 90° O2 spacer does the trick. But even still... Without a tune, you could cause harm to your car. The turbo is not supposed to spool up that quickly with the stock tune, so things could go crazy. I wouldn't risk driving more than a few months at most on stock tune with an aftermarket DP.

Also, a DP alone will not give you any major difference in exhaust note when you still have the stock catback. If you want to change your exhaust sound and don't care about performance, swap out the muffler or get a full cat back. Or even just cut out the resonator if you want a slightly lower tone.

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
Where are you located? And i realize it's a bit unreasonable to not want to ship. Im just not sure how the whole paypal and everything works.
USPS, UPS, and FedEx can give you shipping quotes based on zip code. If you have a serious buyer, get their zip code and you an calculate a shipping cost.
Once you receive funding via paypal, just go to the post office and mail the part, or order the label online.
I always request paypal money to be sent "to a friend" so that neither party is hit with paypal fees.
It's an easier process than it sounds. :)

Though, shipping large bulk items can get costly and be a bit of a hassle, so I understand the lack of appeal there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts