SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have XC90 2012 r design. A strange thing started happening today. Whenever I switch off the car , there is a continuous beep sound ( goes on for few minutes) coming under the hood outside engine Assembly.
There are 3-4 air pfffff sounds at regular intervals along with it.
This happens even I don't start the car and turn the ignition to position 2 and back to 1.
This all started today after I had am engine light which then went of after a 10 mile ride.
Most likely looks like preheater
my pointers please. I can share the video of anyone interested

·
Registered
2008 XC90 3.2
1,422 Posts
Since you are in England, many if us in the U.S. might not know the engines available to you. What engine do you have?

·
Registered
2009 XC90 D5 185 R-Design, winter, summer, comms and family packs
142 Posts
It'll be a 2.4, 2401cc, diesel, but the 136kw model (the 185, which I have) was discontinued in 2010 and replaced with the 200bhp model. Unless yours was languishing in a showroom for 2 years before it was sold and registered, it will be the 200.

Anyway, the sound you're describing sounds like the EGR cycling itself to self-clean, nothing to worry about. It will always have done it to a greater or lesser extent, dependent upon the mileage youve driven, engine temps, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It'll be a 2.4, 2401cc, diesel, but the 136kw model (the 185, which I have) was discontinued in 2010 and replaced with the 200bhp model. Unless yours was languishing in a showroom for 2 years before it was sold and registered, it will be the 200.

Anyway, the sound you're describing sounds like the EGR cycling itself to self-clean, nothing to worry about. It will always have done it to a greater or lesser extent, dependent upon the mileage youve driven, engine temps, etc.
yes. thank you very much.
i think some issue with a VIN decode website i used. its indeed 200 when i used VIDA to lookup.
D5244T18200 PS (147 kW)

i just bought the car and getting used to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts