SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll take the first one today:

RANTS: the senseless act that happened in my town of Chardon, Ohio on Monday morning. It is surreal. I'm a mile from the school. Please keep us in your prayers.

RAVES: Everyone giving us their suppoert and prayers. The students. The people.
Drove the R in this morning from her long winters nap.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Rants:
-Rim must be bent again even after I just had it fixed. I've had to fill it with air twice this week. Looks like I am back to ordering a new rim and having it painted.
-Need to get a new laptop with XP so that I can get VIDA to install properly so that I can scan my R with my DICE tool.
-Bills paid yesterday; there is never enough money to go around (especially for the R).
-Close family friends dad had a massive heart attack this week. Not fun. Hoping he recovers.

Raves:
-Talked to the one VP this week that I met with last week and I am on their radar screen for a new job. Hoping that works out (fingers crossed).
-Despite thinking the R has a misfire, he felt good this morning on the ride in.
-My family is all doing well and I love my daughters.

Wearing:
-Work attire; white shirts and jeans, johnston and murphy boots.

Listening To:
-The Very Best of Hall & Oates (I know, I know but I grew up listening to them from my parents and they just bought this CD so I put it in my iPod)

On Tap:
-Anchor Steam in draught and Yuengling Bock

Enjoy youR weekends all!!!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Rant : Damn taxes! Started the car this morning and heard some squealing and a bit of tapping, ordered spark plugs, timing belt, idler, tensioner to start for now. Will order rotors next week and new summer wheels the week after (woo hoo).

Rave : Finished taxes, started at 2am and completed at 815am. Going to take a nap and wash the car, then head to the drag strip tonight with BoostedS60R or whatever Mike's screen name is and a few other guys.

Wearing : Black basketball shorts, my AMMA shirt (Team Fraxurd of Pittsburgh PA), my usual 2 rings and my Breitling Super Avenger Chrono watch

On Tap : (nice add-on Haunter) is Heineken as usual (I have a full liquor bar, yes built an actual bar/wine area at my house and almost fully completed, with Heineken on tap)

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Rants:
-Weather has been useless the last few days.
-I played QB in a flag football game yesterday between 2 units that work in my building. The first half went well, I was able to move the ball and threw 3 TD passes, Halftime score was 28-21, bad guys leading. Second half went to hell. The other team adjusted their defense to shut me down. Two rushers on the line, a loose zone defense, and a couple of very tall/athletic guys to play safety. I ended up throwing 4 interceptions, even though 2 were botched catches that popped up, and we ended up not scoring in the 2nd half at all. I feel disappointed that I could not adapt to the changes in the game and lost it for us. :(
-Sold my R yesterday and the new owner drove it back to Michigan. Out of friggin no where, he reports that the car lost all boost a couple of times and that one of the headlights was acting up, going in and out. I have never had those problems once, so I am feeling a bit jaded right now.

Raves:
-The R is sold, the loan is paid off, and I am picking up the new ride today (05 XC70, white/taupe).
-I bought a few accessories for the XC, can't wait for them to show up.
-I had yesterday off to sell the R, I have today off to pickup the XC. It is nice to not have to shave EVERY DAY, the Army has its pros and cons.
-The Flyers won last night and it was a fun game to watch!
-Taking the wife and kids out to see a movie this weekend.

Wearing:
Sitting in bed on a laptop, in my boxers...deal with it.

On Tap:
I shall enjoy some Land Shark Lager this evening.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Rants:
Its raining!... ugh this weather is a drag
paid bills this week

Raves:
Custom exhaust is setup for next week!!! $450 for custom mangaflow and i am so pumped
Interview next weekend in Chicago!!! Keeping my fingers crossed :) :)
3 day work week next week

·
Registered
857 Posts
Rants:
I do a weekly mentorship to some mechanical engineers in India (8am for me, 7:30pm for them) They ask no questions, no comments, nothing. I hate talking on the phone to what seems like nobody, for an hour.
Wife is sick, and therefore I ain't gettin any.
I'm tumbling handgun shells and put in too much brass cleaner. All my media is saturated and stuck to the insides of the shells. Looks like I may have to clean all 200 shells, 1 by 1.

Raves:
It's Friday.
The CaR is running great, except for a too rich at idle CEL.
The rest of my reloading consumables comes in on Monday
Got my Federal Return

Wearing:
My Iowa State Nike Polo and Jeans

On Tap:
A lot of micro-brew in the beer fridge. Probably drink some Pliney the Elder, and Ruthless Rye, tonight.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wearing : Black basketball shorts, my AMMA shirt (Team Fraxurd of Pittsburgh PA), my usual 2 rings and my Breitling Super Avenger Chrono watch
Nice watch, tuscanni, I forgot to add on my Breitling Colt Automatic! I rock it daily.
And JoJo, I feel you too man, my wife is also sick and I ain't getting any either.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Rant
-Work is really piling up and I can't really keep up without getting out of my comfort zone.
-Haven't washed the car in like 2 weeks, car is filthy... weather is useless!
-Variation bolts still haven't showed yet, coming from the UK, seems they are even slower than Canadians.
-Time is ticking away and it's close to the big day...

Raves
-Car is running great, had a nice spirited ride with a Porsche BoxterS (987 Gen 2) this morning.
-I'm officially an R forum Moderator as of today ;)

Wearing
Plaid long sleeve, Black cargo pants, Clark's Leather boots.

Listening to:
Muse

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
RANT : Transmission started throwing codes again while on I-97 in rush hour traffic :mad: I really need to get it looked at but lack the time, money or even a decent transmission shop to take it too that's local!

RAVE : Off the last 2 days, Catching up on laundry and cleaning my house.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
not much today, just waiting for spring.

rants
-1st real snow of the season, only had a quick run to the gas station to have fun. by 7, roads were plowed and salted to crap.
-way too much work to do

raves
-it was a great few minutes plowing through the snow.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Rants:
over 40 hours of flying in the next 10 days (actually it's all done in 4 days)

Raves:
DRT D/S F+R Rotors came in the mail this week and they. are. sexy.
Heading to South Africa today for a week.

Listening to:
Everday-Netsky Remix

Drinking:
Coffee

·
Registered
221 Posts
Rant : Checked my front tires this morning and the inside on the passenger tire actually has steel belting exposed. Now I not only need tires, but, an alignment, and probable suspension work. (I thought that shock or strut was hosed, car seemed low, guess this proves it?) Oh, and I'm skipping lunch to get it looked at. =p fun.

Rave : Talking to 4 different girls =) One suggested a Sex-off like in that movie to see who I should keep, hehe. (she's probably my second choice, though...(but she thinks she's friend zoned))

Wearing : Blue jeans, Tan Airwalks, grey hoodie, with the sleeves pulled up to show off my tattoos =)

On Tap : Three Floyds Alpha King, Hopslam, and I think there's 2 other Three floyds remnants in the fridge. (I'm a hophead, and the Floyds provide!)

MG- We'll be happy to have you guys in our city! G'luck!

·
Registered
956 Posts

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Rants: Eh, not much.

Raves: The owner of my company is going out of his way to have his friend in the U.K. personally visit a Ministry of Defense auction and direct sales site to look for a Defender 90 for me. If he finds one, I'll buy it and have it shipped over with the company's 2012 Defender 110 Puma....life es good.

Wearing: Clothes that don't match.

Drinking: Coffee

Listening to: A mix of artists that will be at the Snowmont music festival at the end of the month in Killington, VT. If you're around, you should go!

SnowmontMusicFestival

·
Registered
180 Posts
Rants: Eh, not much.

Raves: The owner of my company is going out of his way to have his friend in the U.K. personally visit a Ministry of Defense auction and direct sales site to look for a Defender 90 for me. If he finds one, I'll buy it and have it shipped over with the company's 2012 Defender 110 Puma....life es good.

Wearing: Clothes that don't match.

Drinking: Coffee

Listening to: A mix of artists that will be at the Snowmont music festival at the end of the month in Killington, VT. If you're around, you should go!

SnowmontMusicFestival

I'm doing coachella in April:

Off that lineup i would see:

Flaming Lips, Chromeo (awesome live), railroad earth, Easy Star All-Stars

·
Registered
5,906 Posts

I think you would like OTT and Ozomatli... I love Flaming lips, chromeo, and Easy star, I haven't heard of railroad earth. Check out Ott- Queen of all everything and Signals from Bob. It's best to listen to it on a good sound system too, laptop speakers don't work well for the low acoustic bass.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Rant
-Work is really piling up and I can't really keep up without getting out of my comfort zone.
-Haven't washed the car in like 2 weeks, car is filthy... weather is useless!
-Variation bolts still haven't showed yet, coming from the UK, seems they are even slower than Canadians.
-Time is ticking away and it's close to the big day...

Raves
-Car is running great, had a nice spirited ride with a Porsche BoxterS (987 Gen 2) this morning.
-I'm officially an R forum Moderator as of today ;)

Wearing
Plaid long sleeve, Black cargo pants, Clark's Leather boots.

Listening to:
Muse
Congrats. Now clean this place up :p

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think you would like OTT and Ozomatli... I love Flaming lips, chromeo, and Easy star, I haven't heard of railroad earth. Check out Ott- Queen of all everything and Signals from Bob. It's best to listen to it on a good sound system too, laptop speakers don't work well for the low acoustic bass.

I have a sonos system that kicks total ass.
Railroad Earth - Mighty River is a great song.
I'll keep those few suggestions on my list.

Knowing you're a big music fan, we'll have to keep eachother updated on all the new stuff we come across.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

I went to Coachella in 2010 and it was insane! I've never seen so many people in one place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,054 Posts

You got me thinking about Rock am Ring at Nurburgring in June.
Lineup:
A$AP ROCKY ANTHRAX AS I LAY DYING AZEALIA BANKS
BEGINNER BILLY TALENT BOYCE AVENUE CALIGOLA
CANCER BATS CRO CRYSTAL CASTLES DEICHKIND
DEVILDRIVER DICK BRAVE & THE BACKBEATS DIE TOTEN HOSEN DONOTS
DROPKICK MURPHYS ENTER SHIKARI EVANESCENCE EXAMPLE
FIVA & DAS PHANTOM ORCHESTER FM BELFAST GHOST GOJIRA
GOSSIP GRAVEYARD GUANO APES HALESTORM
HOFFMAESTRO KASABIAN KILLSWITCH ENGAGE LAMB OF GOD
LEXY & K-PAUL LINKIN PARK LOWER THAN ATLANTIS MACHINE HEAD
MARILYN MANSON MASTODON MAXIMO PARK METALLICA
MIA. MOTÖRHEAD OPETH PERIPHERY