SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will these vehicles be available at the dealerships???

·
Registered
714 Posts
Re: 3.2 Availabiliy (drpie)

Our 3.2 AWD demo is due to arrive here on the West coast on or around August 7. You being in New York should receive yours a week or two earlier.<p>Hope that helps.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: 3.2 Availabiliy (T Schroeder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>T Schroeder</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Our 3.2 AWD demo is due to arrive here on the West coast on or around August 7. You being in New York should receive yours a week or two earlier.<p>Hope that helps.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>East Coast and Midwestern 3.2 demos are already on the lots.<p>You should be getting yours some time this month.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Re: 3.2 Availabiliy (GrecianVolvo)

GREAT news. Thanks. Our ETA in CIS still shows 08/07/09. I have some potential clients and am looking forward to driving it.<p>What is the posted City and HWY mileage for a 3.2 AWD?<p>Happy Selling!

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>T Schroeder</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">GREAT news. Thanks. Our ETA in CIS still shows 08/07/09. I have some potential clients and am looking forward to driving it.<p>What is the posted City and HWY mileage for a 3.2 AWD?<p>Happy Selling!</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Out of curiosity, what is their reluctance to the T6? Price? MPG?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: 3.2 Availabiliy (Needsdecaf)

Weiss - Brentwood volvo in St Louis has one on the lot. Dark Grey, S/R , 18 inch wheels<p>RG<br>Freeburg, IL<br>

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>T Schroeder</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is the posted City and HWY mileage for a 3.2 AWD?<p>Happy Selling!</TD></TR></TABLE><p>18/27, for FWD. It will have best-in-class combined mileage.<p>I believe the AWD model will show one MPG less.<p>

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: 3.2 Availabiliy (GrecianVolvo)

We got ours. Car has some balls!<br>I was surprised at how well the 3.2 accelerates.<br>

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re: 3.2 Availabiliy (VolvoMax)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>VolvoMax</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We got ours. Car has some balls!<br>I was surprised at how well the 3.2 accelerates.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>Max, based on your experience, is the 3.2 XC-60 quicker than a 3.2 S80 or a 3.2 V70? If so, can you offer an opinion as to why?

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: 3.2 Availabiliy (eagle2x)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>eagle2x</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Max, based on your experience, is the 3.2 XC-60 quicker than a 3.2 S80 or a 3.2 V70? If so, can you offer an opinion as to why?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>It certianly feels quicker. Throttle response is better. The tranny kicks down quicker. It took a couple thousand miles for my S80 V8 to kick down as quickly.<br>As for why, Volvo claims to have re-mapped the throttle software.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: 3.2 Availabiliy (VolvoMax)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>VolvoMax</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>It certianly feels quicker. Throttle response is better. The tranny kicks down quicker. It took a couple thousand miles for my S80 V8 to kick down as quickly.<br>As for why, Volvo claims to have re-mapped the throttle software.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Hmm, sounds like the old "advanced throttle" trick.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: 3.2 Availabiliy (eagle2x)

Max - I drove the turbo model last month and have been waiting for an 3.2. I had read where the 3.2 gets better gas mileage.<p>Today I went to Brentwood Volvo in St Louis to see one and the factory sticker had the same mileage rating exactly as the turbo model setting beside it. ???<p>It was the 3.2 egnine because the 18 inch wheels were an option and it had 3.2 on the back hatch.<p>What MPG rating was on your factory sticker?<p>R gill<p>Freeburg, IL<p>

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: 3.2 Availabiliy (240_XC90)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>240_XC90</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Max - I drove the turbo model last month and have been waiting for an 3.2. I had read where the 3.2 gets better gas mileage.<p>Today I went to Brentwood Volvo in St Louis to see one and the factory sticker had the same mileage rating exactly as the turbo model setting beside it. ???<p>It was the 3.2 egnine because the 18 inch wheels were an option and it had 3.2 on the back hatch.<p>What MPG rating was on your factory sticker?<p>R gill<p>Freeburg, IL<p></TD></TR></TABLE><p>According to Volvo's website: <p><A HREF="http://www.volvocars.com/us/models/xc60/Pages/techSpec.aspx" TARGET="_blank">http://www.volvocars.com/us/mo....aspx</A><p>3.2 FWD rated at 18/27. T6 AWD at 16/22. <p>Do they sell a 3.2 AWD?

·
Registered
8,839 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>240_XC90</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Max - I drove the turbo model last month and have been waiting for an 3.2. I had read where the 3.2 gets better gas mileage.<p>Today I went to Brentwood Volvo in St Louis to see one and the factory sticker had the same mileage rating exactly as the turbo model setting beside it. ???<p>It was the 3.2 egnine because the 18 inch wheels were an option and it had 3.2 on the back hatch.<p>What MPG rating was on your factory sticker?<p>R gill<p>Freeburg, IL<p></TD></TR></TABLE><p>Ours is a 3.2 FWD, 18 City 27 Hwy.<br>Maybe you saw an AWD?

·
Registered
386 Posts

Yes the sell a 3.2 with AWD - additional 2,000 dollars

·
Registered
1 Posts

Went to Volvo dealership yesterday and test drove AWD&FWD. 3.2L is only available in FWD and the AWD has the 3.0L turbo (T6). Difference in HP is an additional 46 HP on T6. Will purchase 3.2L FWD today since fuel economy is 2 MPH better city and 5 MPH better hwy. I felt no performance difference between the two. Only bad thing is there are so few 3.2L and none with convenience pkg. Will forego park assist / power liftgate I guess. Unless you live in snow belt the AWD T6 is not worth the extra $$.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: 3.2 Availabiliy (NDbeatUSC1)

I think you might have to wait just a couple of weeks (?) for the non-turbo AWD to show up. More vehicles with various packages will be showing up in the meantime, and of course you can ask the dealer to search for already-imported cars that have the options & colors you prefer. The power tailgate can be quirky (see the thread on that) but I do appreciate the park assist (have both the rear camera and the front/rear "radar". But it sounds like you want to get the car today, so congratulations and I hope you enjoy it! The FWD seems like a great value for all you get - it isn't "stripped down", mostly just a different drive train.<p>The non-turbos weren't announced when I ordered mine (I did wait for the custom build & ship cycle to get my preferred configuration). Even though I rarely tap the real power available, I have to say the T6 is very impressively integrated and does not "feel" like a conventional turbo. So I have no regrets about buying that version. Just wish there were a manual gearbox (only in Europe on the diesels).

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: 3.2 Availabiliy (NDbeatUSC1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>NDbeatUSC1</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Went to Volvo dealership yesterday and test drove AWD&FWD. 3.2L is only available in FWD and the AWD has the 3.0L turbo (T6). Difference in HP is an additional 46 HP on T6. Will purchase 3.2L FWD today since fuel economy is 2 MPH better city and 5 MPH better hwy. I felt no performance difference between the two. Only bad thing is there are so few 3.2L and none with convenience pkg. Will forego park assist / power liftgate I guess. Unless you live in snow belt the AWD T6 is not worth the extra $$.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Unless you notice the extra hp. I suspect a few others might. <p>BTW, AWD isn't only for snow traction.

·
Registered
8,839 Posts

3.2 is surprisingly peppy. the difference compared with an S80 3.2 is startling. However, the T6 is still the quicker vehicle.<br>For 99% of the SUV buying public, the 3.2 is a no brainer.<br>Better MPG and still a good performer.<br>I'm looking forward the the T6 R-D.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts