SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Had my ‘13 R-Design to the dealer for the last couple weeks, and one of the concerns was an engine noise. Made the noise JUST off idle, and I’m talking as light as you could press the throttle and make the sound change. Ended up replacing the alternator decoupler pulley.

Noise seems to be gone, but have noticed that mine seems louder overall compared to my Brothers ‘13 XC70 T6. Mine makes sort of a hollow knocking noise at idle and RPMs (almost like piston slap, but it’s faint). Is this normal for the T6? Has 77k, and last oil change (first since I’ve owned it), I noticed a decent amount of metallic particles in the last bit before I reinstalled the drain plug. Car is CPO, should I be concerned?

Also have been chasing a vibration at 60mph and up (acts like tire balance, but just had them done). Noticed today revving her in park, that the engine produces a noticeable vibration at 1800-2000 rpm (same range as during the highway vibration). Is THIS normal for the T6? Dealer replaced the upper torque rod and front mount below the coolant reservoir, said it was partly collapsed.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'd make a video if you could. When I rotated the tires on my XC60 front to back I now have a vibration which is very subtle. Knocking noises could be lifters, or something worse.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd make a video if you could. When I rotated the tires on my XC60 front to back I now have a vibration which is very subtle. Knocking noises could be lifters, or something worse.
Thanks. I tried to make a video of the highway vibration (which they say they can’t feel). Can see a water bottle vibrating on the RF seat. Hard to detect the noise in any video though, may even be normal for the T6? Not sure...

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts