SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I've read that the 2nd row has more room in the 5-seater version vs. 7-seater. But after crawling around both recently (with the 2nd row fully back in the 7) I just can't tell a difference. So, is there really a difference?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: 2nd row room, 5- vs. 7-seater (rkuehn)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>OK I've read that the 2nd row has more room in the 5-seater version vs. 7-seater. But after crawling around both recently (with the 2nd row fully back in the 7) I just can't tell a difference. So, is there really a difference? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>I don't think so...I did not notice any differences and it does not make sense...where did you read this?<p>Yannis

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 2nd row room, 5- vs. 7-seater (GrecianVolvo)

From the Volvo web site:<p>Legroom - 5-Passenger (front row/second row) 41.0/36.4 in <br>Legroom - 7-Passenger (front row/second row/third row) 41.0/34.6/30.1 <p>...and the brochure adds:<p>"2nd row seats can be moved 1" rearward or 2.4" forward" I assume this is relative to the 34.6" & 30.1" on the 7-seater?<p>Also the USA Today article:<p>"Interestingly, the five-passenger and seven-passenger versions of the XC 90 space the seats slightly differently, and it affects legroom. The five-passenger's second row seats have no less than 36.4 inches, a comfortable amount. But the seven-passenger's second row sits slightly farther forward, to a make room for the third row, and musters a minimum of 34.6 inches of legroom, according to Volvo's specification sheet. That's getting tight. And it requires second-row passengers to angle their feet inward to avoid the front-seat hardware."<p>Meanwhile, in a (somewhat) related issue, check out the headroom penalties that come with the sunroof (probably only matters to the very tall):<p>Headroom without Sunroof - 5-Passenger (front seat/second row) <br>40.1/39.5 in. <br>Headroom with Sunroof - 5-Passenger (front seat/second row) <br>39.7/38.9 in. <p>Headroom without Sunroof - 7-Passenger (front seat/second row/third row) <br>40.1/39.5/35.5 in. <br>Headroom with Sunroof - 7-Passenger (front seat/second row/third row) <br>39.7/38.4/35.5 in. <p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts