SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My S60 is GONE!!!
I'm so glad that piece of crap is someone else's problem.
I WILL NEVER BUY A VOLVO AGAIN!!!
VOLVO OF NA YOU CAN KISS MY REAR END!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way if you ever buy a car from Volvo of Georgetwon or Volvo of Austin and the sell you a dent service warranty contract from multi-shield do not buy it... it doesn't work and is non refundable... in other words they are taking your money away and you'll never get it back!

·
Registered
459 Posts
So, you liked the car?

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
What did you replace it with?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
2nd Best Day for Swedespeed Forum.....No more complaining from TexasT6......YAY!

Sorry you had bad luck with the car and dealer experience.

·
Registered
319 Posts
LOL! This reminds me of the PO of the 99 V70R we bought almost a year ago. He spent more money on dealer repairs during his last year of ownership than we did buying it: ABS module, timing belt, new cat, front end parts, PCV, new drive shaft, brakes.... He saved it all for one year before he traded it in (In disgust, I imagine.) for a Jag. We've enjoyed driving a like new car for a year having only to replace the alternator and other minor stuff like tail gate struts and latch, coolant level sensor and thermostat. Some drivers just don't like maintenance, especially because they have to pay someone else to do it. I've come to accept the maintenance as fair exchange for the pleasure of driving these cars. It's not for everyone.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
My S60 is GONE!!!
I'm so glad that piece of crap is someone else's problem.
I WILL NEVER BUY A VOLVO AGAIN!!!
VOLVO OF NA YOU CAN KISS MY REAR END!!!
Sorry your Volvo did not work out.....certainly yours is the exception to the rule but your frustration is understandable......

Hopefully your next vehicle will be a great experience.......

·
Registered
41 Posts
As an opposing view, I've bought four Volvos over a 18 year period from Volvo of Austin/Roger Beasley Volvo, and recommend them highly--though I've never purchased a "dent protection plan".
I prefer to avoid dents ;-)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did you sell it or trade it in? What did you replace it with? I have a hunch that whatever you bought to replace it will do much better, no one can get two lemons like that in a row. (well, I guess they can, but you know...)
If my car had the issues yours did I be angry, too. But coming to the conclusion that all Volvos are junk based on your expereince is not the best logic in the world. There are far too many examples of very reliable Volvos on Sweedspeed (and elsewhere as well I can imgaine).

And I NEVER buy stuff like "dent protection" "scratch guard" "undercoating" "alien encounter protection"etc. from a dealer. 99% of the time, it's unnecessary, and if it is a good idea you can get it cheaper from another source. That stuff is how dealers pad their profits.

I hope your new car is awesome!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
What year? Did you buy it new or used? Were you able to "lemon law" the car?

I had no upsell or add-ons from my dealer. But I did get the car via OSD.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I'm just going to guess that it's a BMW and that it will never ever have any squeaks, rattles, or problems. Despite what any reliability reports would tell you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Paging "Bitter", party of one.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Lets celebrate one less whinner in the forum!

And I celebrate 2 months with my V60 and it is perfect!

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's too bad you had a bad experience TexasT6. My Family has owned 4 Volvos: A '85 760GLT, '95 850, '06 S80 2.5T, '06 S60 R, 02' S60 2.4T and they have all been exceptionally reliable cars so far with the exception of the R losing 2 computer modules. We have never had a major component failure otherwise in any of our Volvos.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm at the one year point now and have not had a single service issue. This is, so far, the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned ... and I've owned dozens over the years including German, Japanese, and American brands.

The OP's car was not, obviously, typical of Volvo reliability. You can get a lemon with any brand, but Volvo is as good as any vehicle out there when it comes to reliability.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll have to agree with Texas.

My V60 T6 is a heap of garbage also.

Still suffering driveline issues, gearbox issues and electrical issues with mine.

Counting the days until my lease runs out and i can offload it. Either that or take Volvo Aus to court. Its a shame Australia doesn't have lemon laws, My V60 would have ended up on the scrap heap months ago.

I absolutely hate it and anything to do with Volvo Aus..........

·
Registered
115 Posts
Too bad about the bad experiences. I have owned my 2012 T5 for one year now. Have 7300 trouble free miles so far and have the first service this week. I think the car is excellent. Great balance of handling and comfort. Good gas mileage. Great for Seattle weather.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts