SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ouch! This just happened recently.

Prices jumped from E688 ($860) each to E879 ($1100) each.

Part numbers are 30698819 / 30698820.

Congrats to the few people who got them already.

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Eric_H)

Quote, originally posted by Eric_H »
For the removal of one little orange reflector....keep em!

Umm, no. For having high-beams that are twice as bright. Losing amber horror is just bonus.

No big deal at $1700 (especially if you sell US Spec ones), but at $2200? Ouch.

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (e1618978)

Quote, originally posted by e1618978 »
Do you have to update the car's software in any way if you upgrade to the European lights?

No, but you need to disable DRLs prior to swap to avoid DRL Bulb Failure message in bright daylight. Very difficult on '04s (need custom code written). Easy on '05/'06 for dealer.

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 28% rise in EU headlight prices (mike_c70)

Quote, originally posted by mike_c70 »
Did Volvo find out that they "we" (meaning US people) were buying them at a discount so they decided to jack up the price as well?

Maybe has to do with the fact that this is last year of these headlights? Maybe has to do with parent company losing billions?

· Registered
1,714 Posts
Re: 28% rise in EU headlight prices ("R" Kelly)

Are the '06 S60 (non-R) xenon headlights an option? No, they don't look as good as the Rs headlamps, but it does appear to have a halogen hi-beam instead of a dedicated "DRL only" light. Just a thought.

· Registered
6,706 Posts
I gotta admit, it is not worth spending $2000+ to change the lights. Looks like I'm sticking with the US-spec lights. I assume Canadian R's have the same spec as the US cars???

· Registered
633 Posts
Re: ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »

No big deal at $1700 (especially if you sell US Spec ones), but at $2200? Ouch.

You guys love your R's more than me. $2200.........$1700 for brighter highs and amber horror removal? I know a great amber horror removal and high beam fix.........S4.

· Registered
21,025 Posts
Re: (flybynight)

Quote, originally posted by flybynight »
I gotta admit, it is not worth spending $2000+ to change the lights. Looks like I'm sticking with the US-spec lights.

Agreed.

I'll be happy with the 3/4 turn on the headlight adjustor and the $$$ in my pocket.

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Eric_H)

Quote, originally posted by Eric_H »

You guys love your R's more than me. $2200.........$1700 for brighter highs and amber horror removal? I know a great amber horror removal and high beam fix.........S4.

Well I sold my US spec for $1000, so it only cost me $700.

A lot less expensive than a sport package or atacama, neither of which make the car safer.

You don't have to drive on country roads here in Europe where it is pitch black with no reflectors or road markers.

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »
I'll be happy with the 3/4 turn on the headlight adjustor and the $$$ in my pocket.

You can turn the headlight adjuster all you want, won't increase the light. These will increase the light...

True halogen high beam (Xenon still elevates as booster):

Versus this DRL:

Video of Euro Lights from my adventures in R lighting thread
http://ss.otheron.com/rkelly/video/Headlights.MOV

· Administrator
12,713 Posts
Re: 28% rise in EU headlight prices ("R" Kelly)

whew, glad I got my set!

Its a harder choice at $1100 each but I have to say, the performance of the high beams is really good when compared to the U.S. Knowing what I know now, I might still do it because I'm really happy with them.

Anyone in the D.C. metro area that is on the fence, feel free to drop me a line and we can meet up and you can see what you think. Its easier to make a decision like this after actually seeing them in person.

· Registered
21,025 Posts
Re: ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »
You can turn the headlight adjuster all you want, won't increase the light.

No it won't but at least it makes for a better low beam visibility.

· Registered
633 Posts
Re: 28% rise in EU headlight prices ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
whew, glad I got my set!
Anyone in the D.C. metro area that is on the fence, feel free to drop me a line and we can meet up and you can see what you think. Its easier to make a decision like this after actually seeing them in person.

Well, this would have to be done at night...obviously.
So, would this include a couple microbrewed porters on swedespeed?

· Registered
6,706 Posts
Kelly, we need you to roam around junkyards in Europe lookinf for crashed R's where the headlights can be salvaged!!!

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (flybynight)

Quote, originally posted by flybynight »
Kelly, we need you to roam around junkyards in Europe lookinf for crashed R's where the headlights can be salvaged!!!

But then after spending countless hours searching for you all, I would get accused of trying to rip people off for charging what the junkyard charged me. God forbid if I included gas costs...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.