SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am Utsav. I am looking to change tires on my recently bought 2010 xc90.
So I am looking for any suggestions for the tires. I live in Los Angeles and I am looking at all weather tires.

The car currently has 2 HANKOOK VENTUS V12 EVO2 on the front those are in fairly new-ish condition but the other 2 (Bridgestone Dueler) are almost worn out.
I am thinking to replace all of them and then have the Hankook as spares.

First I was thinking to get 2 of the same Hankook ones but now I am considering the Pirelli Scorpions. Since this is my first car, I am looking for some suggestions here since lot of you guys would have had this car for some time and would have a lot more experience with it to know what would be better choice.

Looking forward to the responses.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You can pick up a set of Michelin Premier LTX in that size for under $900 installed at Costco right now.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Tires are like opinions, everyone has one.

If you're looking for tire recommendations, look at some of the tire recommendation threads in this forum. Here's one: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...eview-assuming-you-can-stand-more-about-tires

Couple folk running 20's, they might pipe in. I also took your thread title and added vehicle information, get a couple returns on an internet search for " Volvo XC90 255/45/20 tire suggestions "

This a V8 or a 3.2 ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tires are like opinions, everyone has one.

If you're looking for tire recommendations, look at some of the tire recommendation threads in this forum. Here's one: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...eview-assuming-you-can-stand-more-about-tires

Couple folk running 20's, they might pipe in. I also took your thread title and added vehicle information, get a couple returns on an internet search for " Volvo XC90 255/45/20 tire suggestions "

This a V8 or a 3.2 ?
This is the 3.2 R Design variant.
I mean yeah, I have never owned a car up until now so I am looking for some suggestions since I have very little knowledge about what to consider before buying them.

And thanks, I will take a look at the tire recommendation thread.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello everyone,

...... now I am considering the Pirelli Scorpions.......
I'm on the Scorpion Verdes (18 in) in an "extra load" flavor...they were WAY marked down at Tire Rack, and with my local roads, I figured they might be a little more durable. They perform nicely, but on the highway they are very sensitive to pavement quality. On some stretches of local freeway they get VERY loud, or get rough and rumbly on other stretches, and then get all quiet and smooth elsewhere. The higher load rating probably contributes, so you might want to avoide it...OTOH you'd also have an inch less sidewall height, which might make things even worse. Just FYI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts