SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Re: (volvo4lif3)

Quote, originally posted by volvo4lif3 »
Why are you wanting to run such a wide tire? How wide will the rim be?

i had 60's front and back on my old GTO. it's fun! although steering, and lane changing can be a challenge...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (volvo4lif3)

I am tired of the tire squeal on corners. The current 215/55/16's just don't have the grip. So I am switching to some 17x7.5 Thor's. Anti-sway bars will probably be next on the list. I love my S80 but I miss the handling of my old Maxima.

Thanks,

Todd

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (Majisto)

Quote, originally posted by Majisto »
A Maxima handles better than an S80? I highly doubt it. What kind of tires are you running on the S80? That could be your problem right there.
Equal tires, the Maxima should handle better

As for tires with Thors, you can run 235/45 but you may be happier with 225/45/17 or 225/50 17
A bit taller and a bit narrower but much more livable in the long run and a MUCH better ride

·
Registered
400 Posts
Re: (JRL)

I drove a 2005 Maxima and I picked the S80 over it in part because the torquer steer and under-steer in the Maxima was worse. I thought the Maxima's 5-speed auto was better, but the S80 feels more confident to me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Majisto)

"A Maxima handles better than an S80? I highly doubt it. What kind of tires are you running on the S80? That could be your problem right there."

I had a '98 SE for 135k+ miles with 225/50/16's, and I could take a corner at 40 without any squeeling. I know the S80 is heavier, but I think it should just have more grip on the road. Right now it has the stock 215/55/16's.

On a side note the gas milage on my S80 2.5t blows the Maxima away. I hit 525 miles/tank versus the 350 I would get on my Max.

Todd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts