SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,789 Posts
First off, is there anything that needs fixing that you know about?
Second, what year is the car and what engine does it have?

I have 278,000 on a 2009 XC70 T6 and I got front cam seals installed this morning to pretty bad leak...

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Regular maintenance is good enough if no oil leak. Use synthetic engine oil in slightly shorter change period. Add more whenever at minimum level. Have transmission fluid replaced if not done?

Radiator and hoses may become weak in near future.

My V70XC has 233k miles and I am amazed how well it still runs.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,789 Posts
What would i be able to do to give my old XC 'another rent on life?'
First off, what year model is it and what engine does it have?

Can you think of anything that needs to be fixed right off hand?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It runs great, I recently was sold P4 Pirelli’s when I requested my old faithful Scorpions. Now 243,872 and when my son took me to Sweden and bought it for me, I told him it would last as long as I do. Now I’m 84 and me and my 2004 Volvo XC70 are both going along OK. We both have had 2 accidents and been repaired. When I was going to get it, I looked around eastern MA and decided on Tasca Volvo, then in Seekonk. Good Care but of course, expensive as all Volvo dealers. Now Prime Volvo in Rockland. I don’t like the new Volvo’s profiles. I have driven most of their new cars as loaners. I like the pre-2016 lines. I would look for a 2016 or 2017 XC60 with 150,000 miles or less (Timing chair replaced) on it if this one goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts