1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Wonderful work that you have done there. Too bad I don't have the cash. :/

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Awesome 240 with an asking price to match!!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,952 Posts
Awesome 240 with an asking price to match!!!!!
BUT! - you get a lifetime car for under $10,000 that is safe, comfortable, economical, reliable, dependable, easy to fix, spectacular parts availablity, full aftermarket support AND exclusivity.

Yeah, 2+ million 240s from 1975 to 1993 doesn't sound exclusive - seen one lately?

George Dill

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
BUT! - you get a lifetime car for under $10,000 that is safe, comfortable, economical, reliable,......

George Dill
...and agonizingly SLOW, especially in an automatic.
had the exact same car 3 years ago, I couldn't pass anyone in today's traffic.

I could see all this being done to either a turbo or a 5 speed but...

·
Premium Member
19,952 Posts
15A built this Volvo to specifics for a customer who was unable to use the car so this fine 240 has an automatic transmission and non-turbo motor - perfect.

My wife says "NO!".

George Dill

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have to say that with a T cam (which it has) and the AW71L tranny, it has far more pickup than the average NA 240. A turbo isn't hard to add, just wasn't asked for on this one - and you could add another $1k to the price if I had. The original "sale" was for $11,500, fwiw. I dropped it to this to move it faster because I have another project in the works and to free up the cash already spent.

Its a new car, with the same mileage as a Hyundai, safer than most on the road, cheap to insure, easy to work on and under $10k. Whats the issue here again?!

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts