SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So pulling of my driver's seat today, I realized that there are two height adjustment tabs on the bottom of a 240's front seat. There's one at the front that you may know about with 3 notches or positions. There's also another one in the rear if you reach up from behind the seat, it's in the center. The rear also has 3 notches of height adjustment.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
yeh i found these to be VERY usfull,i made my seats into buckets, good for when you wanna frow your car around.

michael.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I've got the front of my seat at the highest position and the rear at the lowest. The seat is a little more than halfway back on the slider, so it puts me pretty close to the steering wheel. If I move the seat back any more, my legs don't fit under the steering wheel because the front is so high. I like it.

I put the same mechinism on my passenger seat. Only the drivers side is adjustable with the seat installed, but the passengers side can be adjusted if you take it out (13mm) and unbolt the bracket (12mm) from the seat and reposition it.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is the base different as far as the mounting points? I'm planning on using my passenger base and mounting the Recaro the same way as last time.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Mounting points are all the same. On each side there is the slider with the wide metal piece at the front that you use to slide forward or backward. These are side-specific because of how they bolt to the floor at the rear mounts.

Then there's a middle piece of the frame that the slider bolts to. This is what is different between the passenger and driver. The drivers side has the two front and rear height adjuster levers. On the frame part that is connected to the seat, there are 3 holes each on the front and back, so 3 different height levels. On the passengers side, the middle piece of the frame is bolted to the seat at one of the three levels. This means that it's still height adjustable, but you actually have to take the bottom of the seat apart rather than just flipping a lever.

To make the passengers side height adjustable like the drivers side, you only need the middle piece of the seat frame from a drivers side seat. Swap out the middle and keep the seat and slider the same because they are specific to the passengers side.

This might not make sense to someone who hasn't taken apart a seat frame, but it's all very simple to do with 12mm and 13mm sockets and wrenches.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm, the levers themselves in my car were on the bottom section (the one that attaches to the floor). I know because I remember having to hold them in the open position while I bolted on my aluminum brackets.

My middle/upper piece had the 3 holes. Now I'm confused. I'll have to pull that seat when I get some spare time.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]:
Hmmm, the levers themselves in my car were on the bottom section (the one that attaches to the floor). I know because I remember having to hold them in the open position while I bolted on my aluminum brackets.
When you took off the part with the levers, the slider comes off with it. You can unbolt the slider from the middle part. I doubt the seats would have changed, but the only ones I have are from '87 and '88 so yours could be different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts