SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I’m now about 6’½” (and sinking due to my age, but not that quick
) and I find that I need the seat on my 240s a couple of inches further back than the stock rails. I recall that the rails on the 140s I had a few decades ago had two sets of mounting holes about 1½” apart which allowed for and aft range of the seat travel to be lengthened or shortened according to the needs of the principal driver. I tried to rig up an extension on my ’89 240 but it didn’t work well, so I wonder if anyone here knows of an extension kit for 240s, or have done the mod themselves and can post a description of what they’ve done (with pics if available
). And yes, I have Google searched for seat rail extenders, but I only found one old entry on Brickboard and there was no response to it.

PS: I have a 140 seat but the rails have a different mounting design and don't fit my 240s.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link George, but that's something like I tried on the '89 244 but without 850 seats.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not many 850s in the junk yards around where I live, so the chances of getting a good driver's seat aren't that likely. Right now I have a lot of other stuff on my plate, so for now I'll let it rest. When I get the time I'll be able to fab something up, it's just that I'd hoped that someone had a couple of ready-made rigs for my 244 and 245.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts