SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed 230 mile "first" real road trip with 4 passengers 1 dog, luggage, food & ski box attached to load bars. AVG MPG for HWY plus CITY driving with traffic worked out to be 21 MPG. Pretty happy with these results and another reason why I was excited about taking a chance on the XC90 in the first place. No noticeable performance decrease or perceived power strain fully loaded either. :thumbup:

For those curious about the Volvo racks with a ski box, the set-up is SOLID. Definitely more wind noise in the cabin coming through the sunroof compared to no box, but nothing terribly off-putting and no noise when off the highway. With the tunes going it's not much of a factor actually. I also set this box (which holds skis to 188CM) so I can open the rear hatch fully without hitting the box and the spoiler. This is an older Yakima SkyBox, but it works out that it looks pretty well integrated with the XC90 in Osmium Gray:thumbup:

Hopefully the next "research experiment" road trip will include cold and snowy roads & gravel so I can see if these slightly wider Blizzaks perform as well as they did my last truck.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
21 MPG (under the conditions you described) is very good!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Not a Thule box? Even says "Sweden" on them...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here is mine with a Thule :)

Planning a long trip over the holidays in December and will report back on any noise/concerns

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here is mine with a Thule :)

Planning a long trip over the holidays in December and will report back on any noise/concerns

Hey buddy what box is this specifically? I have one that is a thule large but looks tiny on my car. This one looks fantastic!!!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Alpine version is really just for skis and some stuff. I like that there is less drag and noise than naked skis/bindings up top. I'm going to be adding boots and other skiwear that would usually fill up half of the cargo area in back.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Love the blacked out rims with the Crystal White. Why don't they offer this in the Inscription model!!
What He Said ^^^^^ … That Combo Looks Great!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts