SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. First time poster. I have an order in for a XC90 Ultimate, Bright trim. I'd like the standard "8 Multi Spoke Black Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels" (item code #1081), but my sales guy is telling me that his order system is only allowing the much more modern wheel option (item code #1254). He did say that the #1081 is listed but grayed out and non-selectable. This is despite both the configurator on the volvocars.com website and the XC90 order guide showing the 1081 wheels as an option. (Image below is from the XC90 order guide. Wheels I want are on the left. Well, I really want the Dark theme wheels on the right, but I know that's not available to me!) Has anyone else run into this issue or know what's going on? Has a workaround been found? For instance, is there a "notes" section to the ordering system where the #1081 wheels can be specified? I reached out to my sales guy for more info, but he is slow to respond. Final specs on my order are due this week.

Wheel Font Line Material property Rim

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Volvo dealers were never willing to order things that the configurator offered for me. And I am talking about multiple dealers, over a couple of decades of working with Volvo. It's like the configurator is pure fiction. Maybe I just had bad luck. OSD if you want freedom of customization.

And... really, only "21 wheels? Damn, that sucks. I hated having to get 20", now it's 21" minimum? I really hate this trend. Sacrifice comfort and spend a ton fixing pothole damage... for what? Better looks? It's a Volvo, for Christ's sake. I want comfort and safety.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Granted I'm not the salesman, but is a selection required here? Could it be greyed out because it's the standard configuration and the other #1254 is optional?

Reactions: northcar

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s a good thought, but I don’t think that’s the case, at least based on what the salesman is telling me. At this point, the order is off to Sweden and no more changes can be made. I’ll see if they can swap it out with another XC90 on the lot when it arrives in November.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts