SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forums and considering an XC90 purchase.

I can't find anything anywhere about the 22 x 9 - 6-Double Spoke Matte Tech Black Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels. Does anyone have them? Does anyone have any opinions on them? They look incredible in the configurator, but I'm concerned that I can't find any info about them from people who have actually used them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Here is a few. Not my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had 21s my q7 before but the rise is better on the Volvo though. You do get a bit more feel from the road. At the moment I also have some rumbling noise coming from the suspension at very slow speeds but don't think that has anything to do with the size of the wheels as other people are also reporting the same issue......hope this helps

·
Registered
487 Posts
The first pic's are the 6 spoke 22's. The Blue XC has R Design 22's. They both look sharp for summer wheels.
Definitely no-bueno for winter duty!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the forums and considering an XC90 purchase.

I can't find anything anywhere about the 22 x 9 - 6-Double Spoke Matte Tech Black Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels. Does anyone have them? Does anyone have any opinions on them? They look incredible in the configurator, but I'm concerned that I can't find any info about them from people who have actually used them.

Thanks!

Watch Here is a "heads Up' from Yannis in another forum:

Yannis wrote:

One thing to be aware of; there is a shortage of 22" wheels at the Port of Entries. Please speak with your retailer immediately re: availability.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Watch Here is a "heads Up' from Yannis in another forum:

Yannis wrote:

One thing to be aware of; there is a shortage of 22" wheels at the Port of Entries. Please speak with your retailer immediately re: availability.
My car hit Port Hueneme on 1/9. I hope my car is fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, guys! Like Skittruckmaskin points out, the second set of pics shows the 5-spoke wheels. I like the 6-spoke better.

Does Volvo sell these rims instead of the stock rims, or can you only get them in addition to the stock rims?

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
For lovers of really hard drive and big kicks to the ass on any small stone, it must be great experience :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For lovers of really hard drive and big kicks to the ass on any small stone, it must be great experience :p
I know the general wisdom is that the bigger the wheel, the harder the ride. I've never driven on anything bigger than 19s, so I don't have a good sense of how it actually feels. I just really like the look of these 22s. I assumed that getting the air suspension would be a must. For those who have experience driving on 22s, especially on the XC90, is the additional roughness of the ride really noticeable on 22s? In your opinion, how big is the tradeoff in ride quality vs. look, and do you think it's worth it?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I know the general wisdom is that the bigger the wheel, the harder the ride. I've never driven on anything bigger than 19s, so I don't have a good sense of how it actually feels. I just really like the look of these 22s. I assumed that getting the air suspension would be a must. For those who have experience driving on 22s, especially on the XC90, is the additional roughness of the ride really noticeable on 22s? In your opinion, how big is the tradeoff in ride quality vs. look, and do you think it's worth it?
I may not be qualified to answer on the XC90. I have 20's on my R Design with Blizzaks right now. Full squish n' grip. The only car I have owned with true performance characteristics was an Audi A3 3.2 S-Line V6 with Quattro. I had Blizzaks on that beast in the winter and larger diameter summer wheels with Conti's for summer. The differential in firmness and handling improvements between dedicated winters and summers was drastic and EXTREMELY noticeable in corners and handling. So the tradeoff for me is not just feeling some bumps more, but also in how well the vehicle can handle corners, steer and be controlled with dedicated summer wheels and tires. These were big enough positives (based on my limited experience with the Audi) to absolutely go for a true dedicated summer set and the 22's. Of course I should acknowledge that the simple switch between winter and summers on any diameter is very noticeable, but the larger diameter is even more stiff and more pronounced.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had 21s my q7 before but the rise is better on the Volvo though. You do get a bit more feel from the road. At the moment I also have some rumbling noise coming from the suspension at very slow speeds but don't think that has anything to do with the size of the wheels as other people are also reporting the same issue......hope this helps

I'm having the same issue (my real issue is confirming i am not crazy for thinking there is an issue - nice to know it's real!)

It's a tough one to search for - any keywords you can recommend or a thread title? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I assumed that getting the air suspension would be a must.
Air suspension in case of XC90 is not even a bit softer than the standard suspension ..

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
No, air suspension in XC90 make no difference as far the smoothness of the ride is concerned (sometimes it feels even harder). The only difference is adjustable height of the vehicle

1 - 20 of 27 Posts