SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
22.5 XC90 ER
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First cold day around here since I got the new ride. Drove 25 min home with car blowing cold air regardless of how high I cranked up the temp. Turned on ice and warm air instantly. Anyone else experience this?

·
Premium Member
5,402 Posts
Do you have the electric heater feature turned on? I haven't got to drive these enough to know fully how they work, but if you're not using the electric heater and you're no using the ICE... then there wouldn't be heat.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the exact same issue on the same 22.5 model but I’m yet to make an appointment - not looking forward to being told that that’s how it’s designed (my dealership service department is an absolute joke)…
Read about that HVCH part on here, but seems odd that so many of them would have day one failures on the 22.5…
Anyway, would appreciate you reporting back what you are told when you take it in, I’ll do the same.

·
Registered
2022.5 XC90 T8 ER Inscription
101 Posts
I’m getting “parking climate service required.” It’s been cool enough that preheating it would be nice. No discernible heat when I drive on Pure either. I hear a weird noise like coolant circulating when I turn the on/off switch that I didn’t get before when parking climate ran the A/C.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I’m getting “parking climate service required.” It’s been cool enough that preheating it would be nice. No discernible heat when I drive on Pure either. I hear a weird noise like coolant circulating when I turn the on/off switch that I didn’t get before when parking climate ran the A/C.
On my 2019 S90, there is a setting under Climate to enable auxiliary heater. Could that be it?

·
Registered
22.5 XC90 ER
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty sure we got our car from the same dealership around the same time. I also get parking climate service required message. Not surprising we are having similar issues. We also had same issue with the battery never showing completely charged. As it cooled down mine is now showing fully charged.
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
621 Posts
In Pure the pump would run to circulate what should be warmed engine coolant. The warming element may have conked out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ours is in today. They confirmed the defect in the HVCH, which requires replacement. But they said that it was somehow connected to the cooling system as well and that both parts had to be replaced together. So we're waiting for one part or the other to come in. That doesn't make complete sense to us because the A/C has been working fine all summer, even in Pure Mode. But as long as they can fix it in a few days we don't care.

We also have the known problem with the headlight sprayers that won't retract after deploying. They are going to try to align those better so that they will retract correctly. I hope that works too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just dropped off my car today, and they confirmed HVCH needs to be replaced. They just said it'll take a couple of days to get the part in. Crossing fingers that it's true.

The other issues, ICE turning on and car jerking when it turns on even when there's full battery, they said was just a software update/issue. So lets see...

·
Registered
22.5 XC90 Recharge Inscription Expression ER Denim Blue
121 Posts
I too, have a 22.5 and have no heat coming out while in Pure mode. Booked an appt in a few weeks. Did everyone else have their heat back after swapping out the HVCH?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ours is in today. They confirmed the defect in the HVCH, which requires replacement. But they said that it was somehow connected to the cooling system as well and that both parts had to be replaced together. So we're waiting for one part or the other to come in. That doesn't make complete sense to us because the A/C has been working fine all summer, even in Pure Mode. But as long as they can fix it in a few days we don't care.

We also have the known problem with the headlight sprayers that won't retract after deploying. They are going to try to align those better so that they will retract correctly. I hope that works too.
Hey, is your heater functioning normally, as expected now after the service visit (in pure mode)?

How is it actually supposed to work when there’s no issues present?

I see people mentioning this secondary / auxiliary heater option, the only thing I’m aware of is this, is that box being checked all it should take for the heat to work properly while in pure? I check that off and crank both the driver / passenger side up to 80F/“HI” and the air felt neutral at best, def not hot..

Thanks for any insights in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to add, I have a 22.5 and got the 'Parking Climate Service Required' as well. Took it to the dealer and sure enough the HVCH had to be replaced. Heat comes out now in Pure mode, and I can now precondition the car for a specific departure time.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts